Craftable Items in the Add-On Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Browncoat Jayson, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Can I make a request that Obsidian ingots be added to the add-on store along with blocks?

Just joking but point made ;).

monkeyrogue and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Darn, and I would so LOVE them in the store :)

monkeyrogue likes this.
  3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Hello Everyone,

We have considered all the feedback and we have been convinced that having identical items that are craftable and for sale could have an adverse effect to the player economy. So we are immediately removing these items from the store. We will be replacing them with color/texture variations that are unique to the add on store by hopefully this Friday.

Those of you who purchased them will be able to keep them because we do not want to take anything away from anyone just because of a design change. If you prefer the new unique versions you can melt down your items in R23.

-Darkstarr

Razimus, lfalk, mbomber and 25 others like this.
  4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

see, the devs do listen!

*ducks and runs*

5. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Thanks for making the right choice devs!

:cool:

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thank you for listening. I'm glad to see you agree! Looking forward to seeing what will be available as an alternative!

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Thanks Starr... I'm enjoying how civil everyone kept this concern, too.

Now as for the changes...

• White and/or black stone blocks (granite or marble)

• For the instruments, white (something from an animal... maybe dragon bone?) or black or maybe even stainable ones.
    Thoughts?

mbomber, Ice Queen and monkeyrogue like this.
  8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The changes will not be that dramatic. We have to keep it simple so we can stay on track for other tasks

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

+1 :D

Ice Queen and monkeyrogue like this.
  10. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

The amount of ore it takes to make a piano is insane, I will be glad to see a different looking piano on the store. The ore is of better use making weapons and armor, I hope the amount of ore that is needed to make one is reconsidered.

Ice Queen and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

OMG. I cannot believe what I just witnessed.

1) players discussing a serious impact to the game's life and health and it was civil for 6 full pages.

2) the developers listened and have found a compromise.

Um. This is NOT a dream, right? I mean, I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and the world will collapse?

Hey Starr, some of the ideas dropped in here (besides the "OMG kill it with fire!") were amazing, I'm just going to assume you cats read the whole thing.

I love it here.

12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, nice to see a civilized discussion :) One thing I'd like to see in the add on store would be materials, it takes too many materials to create items currently so I'd gladly buy them to save time. :) Or maybe they could reduce the cost on things, it's way too much on most things.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  13. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

You're joking, right? :eek:

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I'm hoping these removed items are indistinguishable from crafted ones, and hence not rare.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. QTIP

QTIP Avatar

"We will be replacing them with color/texture variations that are unique to the add on store by hopefully this Friday.

Those of you who purchased them will be able to keep them because we do not want to take anything away from anyone just because of a design change. If you prefer the new unique versions you can melt down your items in R23."

I think he meant that the ones bought prior to the change will look identical to the ones that are craftable. The new versions will be different from the craftable ones if you opt to melt them down.

16. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

It certainly sounds like that. I'm just cautious about such changes and unintended side effects.

mbomber likes this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Not joking at all. I usually like gathering and crafting in a game but the amount of materials needed atm are too high, and the time it takes to gather a good amount needed is too long. Hopefully, that changes as the game gets along, but if given the chance I'd buy materials to keep from having to gather them in this game.

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe someone who has the original one that does not want to would sell it to me instead of melting it?

mbomber likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is a balancing issue that needs to be addressed in the game, not through the Add-On Store. I agree that many recipes require too many components, so I'm looking forward to that pass. However, devaluing any crafting skill (including gathering) is not a way to accomplish this.

I'm glad this got changed, and that the developers realize that selling craftable items (including materials to make them) will severely affect the player economy.

20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They should have just stayed the same, but have been removed from the shop, but of course they will have to become another rare to keep the buyers happy.
    This is the only game I have seen were most of the rare items are created by using an add on shop to manipulate the in game economy.
    Add on shop's items are usually vanity items, that are then bound to the account to keep the actual game play fair for everyone, any rare items are then discovered within the game.

SotA is beginning to look like the reincarnation of Portalarium's F*c*book game Ultimate Collector.

Extract From Eurogamer:
    By Robert Purchese Published 08/12/2011

The
    Ultimate Collector Facebook game Richard Garriott's newish company Portalarium announced today is a front to test technology that will power his new Ultimate RPG - a spiritual successor to Ultima Online.

"Ultimate Collector really is the backbone of the next game," Richard Garriott told Eurogamer.

"None of the art is the same, of course, and there are absolutely no roles in Ultimate Collector, like there will be in the next game, but the tool-suite is continuing to evolve."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.