Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafted Items from R35 can't stack with items crafted in R36

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Celthon, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Crafted Maple Timbers...tried to add them to trunk which has maple timbers crafted in previous release...when they are added to old stack the stack is now highlighted RED, and when I close all containers and move through loading screen (leaving Basement) the new timbers are put back into my backpack/inventory. Had this happen with Leather Bowstrings as well -- cannot mix the ones crafted today after R36 with the ones crafted previously (stack highlights Red).

11/17/2016 9:43 PM
    Title: Crafted Items from R35 can't stack with items crafted in R36
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Crafted Maple Timbers...tried to add them to trunk which has maple timbers crafted in previous release...when they are added to old stack the stack is now highlighted RED, and when I close all containers and move through loading screen (leaving Basement) the new timbers are put back into my backpack/inventory. Had this happen with Leather Bowstrings as well -- cannot mix the ones crafted today after R36 with the ones crafted previously (stack highlights Red).
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16328
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 1969
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.504.Date.11.16.16
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Havenstead
    Area Display Name: Havenstead
    Loc: (141.6, 38.0, 195.5)

[​IMG]

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Celthon, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been submitted for Team review. There have been other reports of items turning Red when trying to move them and stack them. It has been intermittent. If you see any other issues surrounding this movement/stacking of items please let us know?

3. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Plan to try crafting various items when download of Build 507 completes, and will report any others with similar issues...one update I should add now:

If one has two items such as Bow Strings, one crafted during current release and one from previous release, they will not work together in a recipe which requires both...discovered this last night just before posting the OP Bug Report: tried to make a Long Bow (needs two Bow Strings) and the Crafting Table indicated I did not have the proper components.

So besides the stacking & moving issue, some of the items from previous releases and the current release cannot be used together in the crafting tables.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Crafted items listed below will not stack together (Post-R36 will not stack/combine with pre-R36):

>Maple Timbers (dragging from backpack to trunk caused the resultant stack in the truck to highlight Red {see OP above})

>Leather Bow Strings (in addition to not combining, pre-R36 and post-R36 cannot be used together in same recipe) When dragged manually together to form stack, results in stack highlighted Red.

Items below not stacking together, but not displaying same results as the two above:

>Spools of Cotton Thread -- pre-R36 and post-R36 cannot be stacked together, but will not result in stack highlighted Red--instead creates two separate stacks which will not combine. Note pre-R36 and post-R36 Spools of Cotton Thread can be combined in a recipe (confirmed by making Bolt of Cotton Cloth with one of each).

>>>Bolt of Cotton Cloth created by using one each of pre-R36 and post-R36 Spools of Cotton Thread was able to be stacked with a Bolt already in inventory; assuming they will work in same recipe since they stacked properly.

>Leather -- same results as noted for Spools of Cotton Thread...able to combine pre-R36 and post-R36 to make Yard of Leather.

>>>Yard of Leather made with one each of pre-R36 and post-R36 Leather was NOT able to be stacked with Yard of Leather already in inventory; and do not know yet if they can be used in same recipe.

Have to leave until this evening (work/errands) and do not have time this morning to experiment with other craftable items. Hopefully this will give developers enough to start tracking it down.

@Attenwood

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted. Thanks! 37460

6. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Update -- More items I've made/crafted in R36 which will not stack/combine with pre-R36 items:

Animal Bones (from Butchering Crafting Station)
    Fat
    Rabbit Meat
    Venison Meat

7. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Celthion Thanks for reporting. I have added the additional items to your previous report. They changed some of the weights on some items in R36, which some believe may be causing this issue. Not sure of the resolution at present. Critical and Blocker issues have kept them busy the past few days..

Celthon likes this.
  8. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you. Understood, this is not an important issue...as I use up the stuff made in previous releases it will become a non-issue, but wanted to report it because I am clueless regarding how game code works, so did not know if this might be something that causes other problems.

9. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Celthon, Keep up the good work. It is an important issue to you and as such one to the game too. I realize many players have limited space to store items as it is. Having doubles of the same item in two different stacks does not help, Keep those issues coming, it is important to the Developers to get the game as close to perfect as possible by the time it goes truly live in the near future. They cannot do that without your help. I look at it from the stand point that if it does not look right it probably isn't.

Celthon likes this.
  10. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

Found the same issue with Gold Ingots, and all Tower Wall items.

11. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Jonah Hayes, Thank you for reporting the additional items. I have submitted a report of Team review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.