Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Failure Recovery is back?

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

A long time ago, before we had "exceptional items" and the only consequence for failing a crafting recipe was losing the fuel and not getting experience because it failed... we had something called "failure recoveries".

Instead of the combine simply failing, sometimes there was a popup box asking if you wanted to add additional ingredients in order to prevent the combine from failing. In order to even get that chance, you had to have those ingredients in your inventory at the time. If not, the option never even appeared and you just failed.

For instance, if you were making a plate chest piece, it might ask if you wanted to add 2 metal sheets in order to prevent the failed item. So, it was common practice for us to always have at least 2 of every item needed to make something... just in case we failed something.

I have crafted thousands of items since persistence and I have never seen that option since before that... until today! So I ask, is this feature just added back, or has it always still been in the game and I just never got lucky?

[​IMG]

Or... was that just a bug and this option isn't supposed to be in game anymore?

I'm hoping it's supposed to be back and this option might popup during MW/Enchant attempts... so that we can recover from the failure and not see our mats go poof! :D

Grimbone and Onyx like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it was added back.

Daxxe Diggler and Grimbone like this.
  3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I think I remember hearing that it is a thing! Also, once u recover the item it locks either the enchant or mastercraft, depending on which you were using when fail, so it can no longer be approved upon. Lastly, if you decide to lose the item instead of recover or you sell those crafted items to a NPC merchant, it will go into a world loot system and you will see them drop from mobs around world.

Don't quote me on it but that is roughly how it works.

4. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

That would seem reasonable so long as we could no longer then continue with more attempts at further MW or Enchant. Otherwise, it would seem to me that we lose a whole lot of value in our exceptionally crafted items.

Grimbone likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think that part is in yet, though i could be wrong

Grimbone likes this.
  6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Yes, that is indeed how it works.

7. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Yeah, im not sure if the world loot thing is in yet either.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, I knew about the new proposed system (explained it a bit in another thread) but I didn't think it was added yet either. Perhaps this is how it works and it is already in?

I was making food from cooking and the replacement item was 1 coal, so I didn't accept the recover option (because a failure still gives you crafting XP and I elected to just try again (which was just going to cost me the coal again anyway) and I would then get extra XP for trying again.

If this happens on crafting any weapons or armor though, I will be sure to hit Recover and see if it locks it from further MW/Enchant.

9. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

I masterworkwd/enchanted about 20 wands yesterday and lost about 15, never received that message about saving them. I thought that was going in with R53... but now I'm confused!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.