Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by visavismeyou, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visavismeyou

visavismeyou Avatar

Longtime UO classic player, I love what little I've seen of SOTA, but I think Crafting needs work.

* If I place 5 Ore, 5 Coal, 1 Ingot mold, and 1 Tongs on the Smelting table, I should be able to craft 5 Ingots with one click.

- I can see a desire not to let us drop all the ingredients for a 100 swords on the table and then crafting 100 swords with one click; but with the resources (ingots and the like) we really need to be able to make more than 1 at a time; perhaps a reasonable middle ground of 5? 10? 20?.

* Crafting, presently, is woefully counter-intuitive. Discovering the recipe for an exceptionally powerful Halbard and making all the components for it sounds extremely sexy! Having to discover the recipe for an ingot, however, is not.

- There should be a context menu for the base items which automatically place the items on the table (or at the least, lists the items needed to make an ingot - I was dropping a stack of 10 on the table for several minutes before I tried to use 1).

* Please do one of the following:

Give each crafting table a "Clear" button which dumps all items that are presently on the table into our bag

OR

Whenever we close a table interface, dump all items presently on the table into our bags.

----

More to come, but the game looks incredible. I haven't been excited about a game in almost a decade! Thanks!

Olahorand and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

visavismeyou likes this.
  3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

On a more visual level, the Animation plays constantly while you have the Crafting Station open. Instead the animation should happen for a short time once the CRAFT button is pressed then stopped until the next time IMO.

Lord Baldrith and Kuno Brauer like this.
  4. visavismeyou

visavismeyou Avatar

Ser Alain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.