Crafting in New World and Crafting in Sota

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Sounds like we'll see 'New World' reasonably soon. Hope the server loading in beta goes well to keep it on track to launch.

Also enjoyed Marthos' ideas on crafting when rereading this thread. Right on!

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are there resources that can only be collected from harvesting skill professions or is it like this game where you can just get them elsewhere?

3. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

@Chris and @Elgarion might want to look into this as well...and see what can be incorporated as ideas

I'm also prepurchased the Beta - this looks like what crafting should be.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They don’t have the bandwidth to implement anything on this scale at this point.

I know many people supported this But I was disappointed when the removed failing a mw or enchant broke a item. It was a risk vrs reward feature they removed that I feel this game really needed. Imop what they shoulda done is if you broke a item it should have been trashed and dumped into the mob loot system as a drop. Would have solved both issues they were struggling with at that time.

I think my two biggest regrets for this game were they did not finish bloodbay and make it something special and the player dungeon system with leaderboard support. When they announced this it sounded like it was going to get tons of support and end up something special but instead it’s like it’s stuck in its alpha phase of implementation.

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

New world kind of looks like Life is Feudal: MMO

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Dollar Bill likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think a bunch of us are holding off making any new stuff until the changes come. Materials are $$$ both in time and costs so why waste them knowing that changes are coming soon.... or we hope soon lol.

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

From the game perspective new world reminds me kind of like Horizons: Isteria in that the Ai is always advancing and taking over areas and the population has to hold back the blight (undead) lots looks very much the same except that new worlds has less races and slightly less high fantasy.

8. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

actually, i find i need to make them in batches of about 200 get the 1 or 2 perfect swords i want. And even then, why didn't i just masterwork a legendary swashbuckler instead?

Charon likes this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I do hope the stream and ideas of making it so that we can break down all artifacts for parts comes thus allowing crafters to make artifacts themselves which would make them just as in demand or to compete. would be nice :)

Also for exceptional once you get up in levels 120+ they come a lot more frequent like 1 in every 10 or less.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  10. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

a LOT higher than 120+, but I made 36 Carapacian epic gloves yesterday......4 exceptional, I would have kept going but after the 10th normal in a row I quit. That should have been my sign that I should stop, but I decided to masterwork and enchant a few. 15 gloves in, I did quit and decided to go kill things. Now i need a bunch more beetles....

Scooby Doo likes this.
  11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

And, unbelievably, it actually has pvp content. Wow, what a concept.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

To be fair amazon has limitless funding and this game (sota) was built on a shoe string and spaghettios budget. Overall sota turned out ok for what it was, and they do have some brilliant ideas they have implemented. I hope this game last another 20years for people to discover.

I’ll be playing new world as well have no doubt.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is even more reason to actually make sure that you do things right, to keep on getting you daily can of Spaghettios... Unfinished is almost a SotA trademark at this point. One of the things that is driving me nuts this release is how we got a cloned version of a scene with this new "dynamic scaling". Now, a new cloned scene is about to make it's way in the game with this new system, but loot, exp and other adjustments are not done yet on the first scene, so right now, what I am expecting from this dynamic scaling is multiple tiers in a zone with no real benefit other than a challenge on some very beautiful scenes, but that will remain unrewarding and un-fun.

They are scared to "ruin the economy " if they make the zones too rewarding, so instead they make the economy stale, and then add OP artifacts to counteract the staleness of the drops.

I have been comparing the Dev team to the Ice Age Squitrel lately, the just keep running after the shiny nut that always keeps on moving, causing chaos where they passed, exactly how they keep adding a new thing without considering the impacts and without making sure everything is fine before they run to the next new thing.

14. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

crafting SHOULD be low priority tbh

15. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I'm all for this as long as the price of armor and weapons comes WAY down and I mean WAY WAY down because if I had to re-buy my armor that cost me around 1.1 mill gold (for the five piece NOT counting the rings, necklace, back item, weapon, and belt) there is no way in hell I would play because I quite literally couldn't afford to equip myself.

Haukeye, Chatele and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  16. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

HAH!! love this, so true. :)

17. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I have also pre-purchased New World. It looks promising and if they do a better job than this game and this game doesn't make some changes for the better fast, that may be my new game. we shall see. Though truth be told, I really really hope this game makes quality changes because I really like the concept and it has so much potential, I don't want to see that wasted...

18. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

BLASHEMY!! PITCH FORKS AND TORCHES, TO ARMS!! lol

Rook Strife likes this.
  19. MalykFowl2

MalykFowl2 Avatar

I turn the game on and sit there. Trying to think why and then turn Sota off. Iv played sota since 2014 and I never jump ship cuz something else looks shiny but for the past year I have wanted to get lost in sota but never can so yes I'm so excited to dive into New World and invest my time and effort into it. Sota gave me so much mystery and adventure. Just to much needs to get done and a 4 man group won't do it. I don't have another 7 years to give this game. Hope to see you all in New World!

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same but it's not because of crafting, it's because there's nothing to do. Lately, I've been playing ESO because there's always something to do. ESO has an insane amount of story content. Once you get through the main story in SotA, there's really nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.