Crafting Mage spec armor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

I have Carapacian armor now and it s ok, (someone made it for me a long time ago). I can now make my own but am new to armor. I made a bunch of rings and necklines so crafting is not foreign to me.
    I was looking at this
    https://sotawiki.net/sota/Carapacian_Cloth_Straps Spell Critical Chance 0.2%

I am not sure what to look at or what is best for Mage armor. I have fire imbued gems and would like to take advantage of them .
    Tailoring Masterworks 120
    Armor Enchantment 97
    Weapons Enchantments 111

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Have you tried fustian cloth?

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Kinda depends on how much money and resources that you have available. Carapacian is generally very good since it increases damage, but it's also by far the most expensive. Fustian is a decent alternative if you get some benefit from having a large mana pool. Just plain cotton is actually pretty good if you're on a budget. The cost of the mats for cotton is a tiny fraction of the fancier components, so you can compensate for the loss in base stats with better enchantments and masterworks if you don't have the money to blow through a zillion beetles.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Focus.

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Going on 5 to 7 years ago, my wife moved my T-shirts to a different drawer. To this day I open the wrong drawer for my shirt every single morning. That said, to me, mana and focus are one and the same. However perhaps I am missing something by assuming that. Playing Ultima Online for so many years has imprinted mana on my brain and no matter how I curse after opening the wrong drawer every morning, there seems to be no cure. Do I need to try a cure on my mana obsession?

FBohler likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Na, I think we all new what you meant anyway.

7. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

So to make different types of armor I just change out the Bolt of cloth with the different types of mats Carapacian or Fustian to get the other armors, there is no recipe for (lets day ) Carapacian chest armor .
    And the Epic, Augmented and Cloth are just different looks not better stats?

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They have slightly different recipes and different looks. Some will take more bolts and less straps, and fortified cloth recipes usually have bindings. So they are a little different but overall very similar. If you compare the different recipes you can usually pick out which ones will work best for your character. But unless you are really min/maxing then you shouldn't worry about that too much.

And yeah you just pick and choose which materials you want to use. You can mix and match too - Carapacian bolts with fustian straps etc. But you cannot mix 3 carapacian bolts and 4 fustian bolts if the recipe calls for 7 bolts. Each specific ingredient has to be the same type. There are many different combinations of materials to choose from, that range from very expensive to dirt cheap.

FBohler and Tirrag like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The armor recipes are generic, like Epic Cloth Gloves. The material specific recipes are for the bolts themselves (i.e. Bolt of Fustian Cloth), and they only drop as loot.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    FBohler and Tirrag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.