Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

crafting mat goes red (again)

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

03/02/2016 00:27
    Title: crafting mat goes red (again)
    Reproduction Rate: 1x
    Blocker? kinda...
    Details: another material went red on the crafting table, rendering it useless. have to log to clear it.

[​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.388.Date.03.01.16
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Loc: (54.7, 27.1, 72.4)

skalrynd likes this.
  2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

And again... same recipe, same table... I have 23 successful, so estimate <50 attempts... 2 of which resulted in this. Must relog to fix.

3. gsmith78

gsmith78 Avatar

I ran into the same issue in Soltown on 3/2, same release as in the initial post.

I had curing salts do this twice on the Soltown Tanning bench and wax also turned red on the Soltown Tailoring bench.

4. Brightstar

Brightstar Avatar

3/5/2016 10:09 PM
    Title: Crafting mat goes red
    Reproduction Rate: 3rd time this has happened to me
    Blocker? Somewhat, I can't craft the item I want
    Details: Was trying to make Bolt of Carapacian Cloth and wax turned red on me. The other 2 times wax also turned red on me.
    Steps to Reproduce: just craft something using wax
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1974
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.392.Date.03.04.16
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template
    Loc: (106.4, 39.5, 254.9)

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have seen this when crafting, appears to have something to do with clicking th window to populate the ingredients, and clicking the picture to fast, like the computer was "Still in the act of counting or something.

Happens every so often and on a variety of stuff but always multiples, not single items

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

For me usually happens at the end of a long refining session, usually when a fuel pool is at a low quantity. Current have the feature with 4 coal left.

In addition to relogging to "fix" this, you can simply zone out to Novia/Hidden Vale and back to your location.

That will also work around the red fuel.

Ronan likes this.
  7. Tonsilgon

Tonsilgon Avatar

Had the same problem.
    I made Cotton thread and he told me that I could add two wax so that my ingredients are not lost. I did that.
    Afterwards I had two red wax in my inventory that I could not use any more.

It was in Solania.

Further you cannot craft anything anymore. Even on other types of tables the two wax are already put onto the table and you cannot remove them from there.

raistlen00 likes this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

red crafting mat gain, also curing salts and also after a long batch run and when the curing salt was getting low. You get the message to take all items from the bench to proceed, but of course as those here have discovered, you cant remove the red stuck material, ergo crafting stuck until relog.

EDIT: eminently repeatable, in fact it seems to occur all the time if you do batch runs, and not large ones at that. I purchased 20 curing salt and got the stuck red crafting ingredient when it reduced to 3 units remaining.

Also happened with wax when making a fishing rod: was a little short of wax and purchased more. Interestingly the new;y purchased wax was listed separately (didnt stack) and when I recommenced crafting the insufficient quantity of wax was seemingly loaded and resulted in the crafting of the rod getting stuck.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  9. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I'm having the same issue with Curing Salts when trying to craft leather in Owl's Nest. This error has happened twice, I logged out to get rid of the red salts in the crafting table menu. I cannot take it off the table, and it appears in every crafting window in Owl's Nest (i.e. smithing, tailoring...). The second time it happened, I took the long path out of Owl's Nest and when I rezoned in and made it all the way back to the table, the salts had cleared as well. So rezoning works, too, but is a pain in certain instances.

10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Just had copper hilts go red when I got a critical craft on making weapons. Had just a couple of hilts left. It was on critical craft that the hilts went red. Periodically I will get a recovery option on smelting. Not sure if that is tied to red fuels as well.

11. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Just need a lot of recall scrolls. ;)

12. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Except that half the time I try to use a recall or TP scroll the game CTD and I lose the scroll! :p I found that exiting to menu and just resuming worked quickest anyway.

13. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Yeah, when leaving a mine area, I exit normally, get the crash notification and then just hit go to World Map. Similarly, I have done the exit to provoke the crash, then used a scroll of recall successfully. Just means I have to get more exercise than originally intended. Well, virtual exercise. ;)

14. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Jefe @zyxe @Steevodeevo @Tonsilgon @Weins201 @Brightstar @gsmith78 @Dirk Hammerstrike
    Hear ye, hear ye! I come bearing glorious news! Release after release we have been plagued by this red devil, but today I stand before you with the mighty words of none other than @GingerLoaf, himself, who has shared this knowledge: "There was an issue with items not being properly updated in the player inventory during a crafting interaction. I have fixed this for both batch and non-batch operations"

Come R28, crafters should CEASE to see this red ingredient nuisance evermore. :) Man, it feels good to put this hard-to-catch issue to rest!

Draedloth, Weins201 and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Congratulations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.