1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Crafting material info displayed in-game

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Would love to see what crafting materials did in-game - it takes focus away from the game to open a website with that info, or a Google Doc, etc..

Lazlo and kaeshiva like this.
  2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Hover over the crafted item with your mouse pointer and hold control down.

This could help a little.

Could also make your own book ingame that had the info.

FrostII and Echondas like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes, hold cntl and it will show what the mats do. If you want to see what stuff you do not have does as well, rinzai, a nested pot in desolis. They have 2 crafting museums there that have all the gear, different mats, all the enchants and MWs and books saying how to get them all. Its a GREAT source of knowledge that can help a person find out what gear they really want with what enchants, mws and mats they want.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    FrostII, Echondas, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think what the OP is asking for is for the components tooltip to display what it will add to your weapon or armor.

For example, a leather strap will add 0.125 Combat Dodge Modifier, a hardened leather strap will add 0.4% weapon damage, and a supple leather strap will add 0.2% weapon crit chance. These stat increases should be listed on the component's tooltips so when you craft one you know what it will do for your armor or weapon.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do. I'm sure the stats are included in the items data somewhere... it just needs to be displayed on the tooltip.

Wilfred, Anpu, Echondas and 2 others like this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

This would be especially nice for components that come from drops. Some of that stuff is worth a lot, so it would be nice if people could see what it actually is on a vendor.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Echondas

That's exactly what I was thinking of (but probably didn't explain well since I was in bed almost asleep). I like Mac and Proteus's ideas - I'm totally going to check out that museum, and I really do need to make some books for myself..

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  7. Echondas

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Improved tooltips and an improved recipe book is a very well known request, but it never hurts to nudge the team, that's for sure. Thanks Echondas, good input! :)

Echondas and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.