Crafting Questions

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Baratan, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'm knee deep in crafting and I have a few questions...

Let's say I want to craft a two-handed meteoric iron mace. It appears that I need a special recipe for that head and then another special recipe for the completed item. Where can I find them?

Is there a spreadsheet somewhere with all of the options/effects of masterworking, enchanting and socketing? I noticed when I masterworked and enchanted different items I got different choices, are these random or based on item type?

moko likes this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Baratan, there are 3 types of recipes. One that can be discovered by putting different raw material on a crafting bench until it says Discoverable, One that can be bought from NPCs, and one that can only be gotten from killing mobs. In the case of the two-handed meteoric iron mace you need the iron 2h mace head, 1 wooden handle, and the 2h mace recipe. The Handle is discoverable and the handle and the 2h mac are both on NPCs last time I checked.
    Try this web site:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWEixHbrSa3mwzDfUye128UbwGy6YaPoLs6ehsZp0eo/edit#gid=0

3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

An iron two handed mace head isn't going to produce a meteoric iron two handed mace. When searching for meteoric only three results come up in that file, none of them include mace heads.

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Bartan, I miss-read the OP. Yes you are looking for the Meteoric Iron 2h Mace Head. I found it recently in Novia Market to the right of the zone in on a vendor called "Crafting Mats Patterns Recipes". Was a bit expensive 5K but not as bad as some of the others. Unfortunately it is not teachable or discoverable. Here is the info on it. BTW I looked on the spreadsheet also and did not find it. I will send them a message about it. Thanks for pointing that out.

[​IMG]

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The Meteoric / Constantan / Bronze / White Iron varieties are all considered "tier 3" components and these can only be found from mob drops or from supply bundles. You might find them on a player's vendor, but you will NOT find them on an NPC vendor.

Also, if you need a good resource to figure out what materials do what... go to www.sotacraft.com and click on the "Material Resources" tab. That will show you what each component will add to the armor/weapon you are crafting.

moko likes this.
  6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Thank you sir. I had a feeling it was a drop only but I wasn't sure. Thanks. I guess Im stuck making Iron, Copper or Bronze only without dropped recipes?

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Thanks

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes you have to wait unless you have some one else make that piece for you. Some one asked me to make their bronze hilt the other night. They did not want to wait for finding the recipe. ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  9. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Too bad I'm not so good at making friends, lol. I don't mind waiting.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well who said you have to make friends with them? I am happy to help even if someone is bashful and I do not bite, well usually. ;) j/k. Just whisper majoria and ask if I have the recipe and if I will make it for you (with your mats of course) or send mail to me and on the subject line ask me. It is eazy peazy. No face to face contact. I will not even make you go on teamspeak to hear you j/k I would not ever make anyone do something. I am joking really. Anyway I have offered and you never know it may be easier than you think.

The most fun thing was when a new person wrote and asked a question and I said hey we need you to come and help us play this song. It has 6 parts. To hear the full song needs all parts played and he said ok. That was awesome and he got a very early experience of our music system. What can that do for players? It is awesome imo to share this game. I am not here to play alone.

Witcheypoo and Jaesun like this.
  11. Priam

Priam Avatar

Hi y'all,
    I have a very small question: I understand that it's possible to use components made from different materials in order to customize armor, weapon and jewelry attributes.
    I am trying to create chainmail boots, which require two coils of metal wire. I have one coil made of copper and the other iron - but the Craft button is grayed out.
    Is it not possible to use two different metal coils, or am I missing something / lacking exp?
    Thanks in advance!

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Correct, they must be two of the same type of coils (or sheets, or bindings, etc.) You can't mix component types on a single item.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Priam

Priam Avatar

Thanks for the info.
    That's really too bad... :/

14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, you can still mix-match a bit, ie one type of coil, one type of binding. Different armor pieces have different numbers of components.
    We've got a museum set up with every armor type/style in every material type set up in Rinzai (nested in Desolis) if you want to see these comparisons on actual objects. Its where we send people when they ask "can you make me gear" but don't know what they want. So if for example, you want bronze armor as the main component because you want the weapon damage bonus, but say focus was important to you too, you could look at pieces that used more 'straps' to get more focus on, or pieces that have higher numbers of bindings to try and get a different metal type in there, in a smaller amount.

The material bonuses system for crafting is actually quite good and highly customizable. Wish encanting/mw worked the same, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.