Crafting questions

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by ConjurerDragon, Dec 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I´m currently gathering for upgrading my Ring of Frogskin from uncommon to rare and I´m collecting pieces of "love" amor.

While I do know how to combine rings from one level to the next higher by smelting them, I have seen someone in passing wearing some sort of Ring of the Frogskin that in addition had the bonus for being White Iron.

So I´m wondering -
    -how can one combine the characteristics of Rings of Frogskin with other metal rings?
    and
    - the amor of love has a nice DEX bonus but the protection is lower than a standard leather armour. Is there a way to re-make the parts of the armour of love and preserving the DEX bonus while using the higher damage resistance of e.g. normal leather gloves? Because while I value DEX I most ofthen have a dex of 1 (overencumbered) and so the damage resistance is something I would rather have if I have to make a choice.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That was a crafted white iron ring with an Imbued jewel of frogkin. You can salvage artifacts for a chance at a gem/jewel that can then be applied to crafted equipment. There are details about it on the description for each artifact. And a list of gem/jewels on sotawiki.

No. You can salvage the armor of love for patterns, but they will not carry over any of the special properties. You can then apply the pattern to a piece of crafted gear, which will have much better bonuses then any of the quest armor.

Also just a general comment - damage resist doesn't do very much for light armor users. Concentrate on using dodge, it's much better for light armor. A successful dodge, doesn't damage you at all. Damage resist reduces a portion of damage that you take when you are hit and light armor does not provide much damage resist. Adding a bonus to it with light armor, does next to nothing.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    FBohler, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

FrostII and Adam Crow like this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I read that the chance to get a jewl of frogkin is 10%. So I have, on average, to salvage 10 Rings of Frogkin to get a jewel instead of only an Ancient Essence.

Is the jewel salvaged different between uncommon, common, rare etc. Rings of Frogkin?
    So that it would make sense to first smelt up to a epic Ring of Frogkin to harvest for the jewel and then use that with a White Iron Ring?
    Or is the jewel the same regardless of rarity?

FrostII likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If you reference to the spreadsheet Anpu linked, in the first tab you will see the chances of salvaging a gem or jewel from each different tier of artifact. In general, it is far better to salvage artifacts at their current/lowest rarity, because you will still be receiving ancient essence, which can then be used to fuse other artifacts, repair artifacts, or sell them to buy the gems or jewels you want and need.

The gems and jewels are all the same, regardless of the tier of the artifact, only your chances to successfully obtain the gem or jewel changes with artifact tiers.

FrostII, Adam Crow and Anpu like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

FYI, there's a quest to get Fiona Fitzowen's gear. Her armor looks like worn love armor, it has the same bonuses and you can get it again when it wears out (you will also get her triple crossbow but you can only get that once). Salvaging the armor produces guaranteed patterns for styling your own crafted armor.

FrostII likes this.
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Oh, sure. I got that quest from here. It´s marked as "easy" in my journal. Venturing into the epitaph and browsing for armour certainly should be - with just Tier 5....
    Ahm - have I mentioned that I do not feel comfortable yet in Tier 4 areas...? Tier 5 is still too deadly for me.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You'll get there.

FrostII, ConjurerDragon and Anpu like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just for fun, I went and got a set of the Fitzowen armor. Here's what it looks like.

[​IMG]

@ConjurerDragon
    If you want, I can send it to you. Just tell me what your in-game name is.

FrostII likes this.
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

That would defeat the purpose to get one myself when I´m ready for it, wouldn´t it? :rolleyes:

I just returned Scarlett´s book to Ardoris Imports finishing another sidequest and I´ll slowly make my way into the next tier zones eventually.

But thankyou for your offer.

Anpu, Adam Crow, FrostII and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.