Crafting Skill Ability Idea: Lvl 80 Mining Survey Exposes Slider Toggle for Node Color

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Black Tortoise, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Just as the title says, I think it would be cool if, at "higher" level (80? 90?) in Survey for the Mining tree, a slider is exposed in one's settings panel. This slider would respond to hue, and apply it to the "glow" effect of nodes in the game (but just the ones you have the appropriate skill for). It would default to the "yellow-green" we currently have.

This way, if players arent really feeling the "nuclear green glow" of the current Survey glow-hue, they can adjust it to something more immersive ;). I find the current color does an excellent job at pointing out where iron nodes are for me (practically invisible otherwise, so thanks for it), but I have a feeling that I could adjust that hue so that its both obvious and attractive (to me, youd probably think my high-saturation setup is whack...).

Thanks for listening.

2. Vero

Vero Avatar

Not a bad idea. I think this could just be an option for us! regardless of skill ;).

perhaps it even helps some colorblind people (or am i saying something utterly stupid here? just a thought) and it wont hurt anybody if we could change our personal preference sot-off.

:)

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

While making survey do more from a survey perspective is nice, because the nodes are static and the lucrative harvesting areas are limited to a handful of scenes, it doesn't take long before where you know where all the nodes are, making the survey skill itself a bit pointless. Particularly survey on field dressing, in case you can't find the thing you just killed, for example. I've only really raised it on foraging because those garlics are harder for me to spot. The small, subtle indicator you get - even at gm survey - doesn't really seem worth the exp or even being a skill. If it did something more, like up harvest crit chance for example, or upped your chance to get secondary materials - well, then we'd be in business.

Jaesun, Lace and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.