Crafting Stations and bonuses

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Balandar, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Is there a list of crafting stations based on pledge era and their associated bonuses?

Example: What does the Founder Blacksmithing station give that is different than the Benefactor Blacksmithing station vs Standard in-game craftable stations (assuming that is in game..)

Thanks in advance

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If you mouse over a station, it should show you a level. Standard store-bought stations are level one. Founder stations are two. I expect benefactor stations will be two as well, just with different artwork.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  3. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Thank you. Do you know what type of bonus the higher level stations provide? E.G. More crits? Also do you know if the higher refining stations give back more material for melting down items?

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

From my tests, lvl2 give ~+30% to the crafting chance.

But that's not constant - it depends wildly on the starting value.

The end results are the same, however, at least as refiners go.

5. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I am new to crafting as well. I do not see any lvl of crafting station when moussing over ones that say Benefactor or Founder.

6. agra

agra Avatar

As of today, in R28, Level 2 (Founder, Benefactor) crafting stations provide the following:
    • 30% crafting success bonus, that is, if a recipe at a Level 1/Normal crafting station has a 69% success rate, on the Level 2 crafting station it will have a 99% success rate.
    • 20% crafting critical bonus, that is, if a recipe at a Level 1/Normal crafting station has a 4% critical rate, on the Level 2 crafting station it will have a 24% critical rate.
    • 11% craft bonus (no idea what this is, first time I've seen it as a stat is today)
    If you critical a salvage, it returns more scraps. Crafting at a Level 2 station would provide more scraps, then, over time, with a 20% higher critical rate.
    Also, a change as of R28, you don't get to see the success or critical rate percentages until you have all the material in your hands to make the item, and place it all into/onto the crafting table. In R27, it would show all the success percentages at a glance, in the book, when it was opened at a station. This information has been removed from the crafting book in R28, hiding the percentages until you are ready to make it. :(

Balandar likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is that using regular tools?

8. agra

agra Avatar

Yes. I don't have artisan or prosperity crafting tools.
    But you can always verify it yourself. I think soltown has pledgers with all of the Founder/Benefactor crafting stations.

9. Katrina Bekers

Because that info was useless.

It was calculated at the base values. And changed once you used expert stations and advanced tools. I've seen the book percentage jump as high as +35%, and stopped relying on its values before I loaded all the components on the appropriate table.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

It's been the same for me, in either case. Why isn't +35% reliable? A bit from the tool, and a bunch from the table adds up to +35% nicely? And it's consistent between R27 and R28. Or do you mean it wasn't reflected in the book, for you, in R27? (it was for me, all the time)

11. Katrina Bekers

I mean, what use I have to know that my base chance is 65% (meh-ish) by reading my recipe book in the wild, when at the crafting stations I use, the real value is 95% (great)?

Having the base percentages in the book was totally unreliable. I'm glad they're out.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  12. agra

agra Avatar

It's only different because you're using an Expert station. On a normal station, or away from a station, the base value is accurate.
    Now we can't see it at all, base or otherwise, unless we're at a station with all the components on hand to craft it. Before we could at least see the base success value for everything, at a glance. We've lost access to information, and the presentation of it is vastly more difficult to use. (in my opinion)

13. Katrina Bekers

Accurate, I don't deny it. But useless!

I live in Lockbrier, I always use expert stations (and probably higher tier ones once they're ingame): to me, knowing a base value I WILL LIKELY NEVER USE is totally pointless.

Furthermore, where else you're going to use the crafting information? At crafting tables!!! You cannot craft unless you're using a crafting station AFAIK.

Or you check your chance percentage of creating rubies and diamonds while exploring the wilderness?

I know you may have the urge to be sure that crafting a Maple Board is 77% or 78% while adventuring, but frankly, I'm glad we save space in the recipe book. :)

14. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

are the expert crafting tables in the store lvl 2?

15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

You resurrected a thread that is over 2 years old! :D

As of right now, there are really only 2 kinds of crafting stations. The ones you can buy with gold from an NPC merchant... or any other one you get from add-on store, crown merchant, pledges, or bundles.

The one you buy from NPC merchant for gold has no bonuses. All of the others have +5 to that crafting profession.

16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I don't think the tables with +5 are applying the bonus'. Last I checked, using an Expert table didn't increase my chance to make an exceptional item. I think that it used to be that you got a 1% increase to Exceptional chance for every 5pts of Skill Level. Might want to clarify this before wasting money on a table that isn't working properly.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Exceptional chance is capped at level 80 of the crafting skill, if I am recalling correctly.

Raising the crafting skill higher than 80 will not increase exceptional chance.

Tools can however raise exceptional chance.

18. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Which basically makes +5 tables irrelevant to any serious crafter. Why waste money on an Expert Table when you can just purchase a standard table from a Housing Decorations vendor and get the same effect.

19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That's not true, you can keep raising your exceptional chance by raising the base skill. @Scoffer should be able to verify this. The last discussion I was in with him I'm positive he mentioned he has a higher exceptional chance than I do with my skill at 100.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If that is the case, I would love to know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.