Crafting stations and storage

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Edelmann Meara, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edelmann Meara

Edelmann Meara Avatar

Greetings,

I've not seen this idea yet, but could in house crafting stations also contain storage for crafting bit and pieces? As a heavy crafter, it's always been a big pain and waste of time, to run back and forth from crafting and storage areas...

Thoughts?

Fin

2. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

Why not put storage chests next to the crafting stations?

GW2's method of taking items straight out of the bank was interesting, but I sort of like taking items out of a separate storage. What I don't like is having that storage be far away. Memories of EQ blacksmithing with the bank in North Freeport, and needing to go to E. Freeport to find a free forge. (Yes there was a forge in NFP, but it was usually occupied)

Public crafting stations would still require us to haul materials (unless Portalarium goes all GW2 on us, which I hope they don't). But if I am setting up a crafting area in a guild hall or my house, nearby storage is a must.

This brings up a related idea (not trying to hijack your thread @Finieous) but it would be nice if we could set access permissions on items within chests. If the UO style bags within bags are used, then separate permissions on the interior bags would do the trick. That way I can keep my mats separate from others, and I can drop off mats for others when they are offline. I'm thinking of the write-only permission for containers...

3. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

They gave the impression in the last chat that storage in your house is limited both in numbers of containers and how much each container can hold. Having crafting-specific storage as part of the crafting station itself, even if its within your house, sounds great to me!

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I see only two issues with this.. and they are likely minor.

1: How does this effect public craft stations? There might need to be an extra feature added to disable this function for public facilities.

2: Specifically limited to materials and components that the craft station can make use of. It would seem somewhat silly to me to store your extra outfits on the lathe or forge.

Now that I've brought that up.. under the oven or behind the forge seems like a good place to hide your stash. :)

5. Edelmann Meara

Edelmann Meara Avatar

Jonathan,
    I too hated the Freeport bank-forge run-a-thon...

I would also love to see them implement a permissions access on storage items, like you outlined.

Dame,
    I <3 your website! Keep up the great work!

Bowen,
    In regards to the storage, I was speaking about the special, in-house crafting station and not any public crafting station.

For your #2, I totally agree, it should be limited to crafting mats, recipies, tool items and not general storage.

Fin
    Proud Citizen

6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I was figuring you could place your crafting station near your house storage or at least some of it.

7. Goose

Goose Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.