Crafting supplies merchants

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Neofit, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neofit

Neofit Avatar

Hi,

I've just arrived to Soltown, following the newbie quest line. One things that has me confused is where to buy crafting ingredients. In the outskirts there were two vendors selling almost everything, from fuel to low level recipes, but no alchemist. Then I found two guys in Soltown selling a few of those, but no alchemist either. Then I went to the S Mart POT at the exit of the outskirts, found an alchemist NPC and thought about buying a large amount of empty vials, but checked the price and they cost 10g each, while the wiki says it's 5gp, but I'm not sure whether the latter is the buy or the sell price.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to learn to butcher meat carcasses, no vendor anywhere around, and it's not in the list. Nobody around is selling food recipes. Same thing with Metal Bindings needed for low level leatherworking, can't find any for sale nor the recipe.

Maybe there is a large city nearby that has it all? Wasting time looking for things that should be everywhere is rather frustrating.

Thanks.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know what you mean. Basic recipes should be part of crafting progression but instead someone had the bright idea to put them in
    to the combat loot system and also some are in chests, bins and even in supply bundles you find in your journeys. So you will find some recipes of course on player vendors as well.

To find crafting merchants look for crafting pavilions in all NPC towns. Player owned towns will also have them. Like Wizards Rest behind owlshead has 3 crafting pavilions with a crafting merchant by each. You can only train at npc's in NPC towns though but any crafting merchants anywhere will have your fuels and some extras.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Most Player Owned Towns have a Crafting Merchant to get basic crafting fuel.

Also give this quick basic guide to crafting a look too.

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Neofit
    In so e of the starter town they may not ave all the Vendors for. For instance in Soltown I see from the map that the crafting merchants are located together in the middle of town. Vendors listed on the map are Edwin the Tanner, Annika the Blacksmith, A banker, and Gavin the Skill Trainer, Nigel the Crafting trainer, and Varren the Master Range trainer. Other towns have them spaced out in different parts of town. All NPC towns and outskirts area have some crafting merchants and trainers. Player owned Towns has what ever the Governor decides to put out but has no trainers. If you are in a POT and do not see a crafting merchant you can whisper the Governor (name is in the town name area at top of screen) and ask them to place one if they can.

The best thing to do is to go to a larger town wen you need to buy or train skills. Near Soltown there is larger towns called Ardoris, Solania, and Celestis. Also when you are near a town you can point to the town name and a list of available Notable Merchants, Trainers, and Resource Types if they are any.

Hope this helps and if you need any more please Message me at Warrior B'Patrick. Also this is a very helpful community and be sure to add helpful people to your friends list if they say it is OK to do so.

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there Neofit -- welcome to the community :)

This page has lots of great links to find information about the game: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=59279 and it's also mirrored at sotahelp.org where you'll find filters and a search field. Keep the questions rolling :) The community is great and highly helpful ;)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

A lot of the lower level recipes can also be taught by one player to another. Ask around and many players will be willing to teach you some that you need.

Sean Silverfoot and majoria70 like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Merchants generally sell things for double what the item's "value" is and buy them for half the items "value," although some merchants will buy specific types of items closer to their actual value. Its worth shopping around when selling things to get more gold. If you notice something that is off on the wiki, shoot me a message or post in the Update thread and I'll get it taken care of.

Recipes are designated as "Re-Teachable", "Teachable", and "Not Teachable". "Not Teachable" means you have to gather the recipe yourself; most of these come from Supply Bundles, but you can also buy them from player vendors. "Teachable" recipes mean you can teach someone else, but then they can't pass it on again; these generally come from NPC merchants and occasionally from Supply Bundles. If you find one that is marked "Re-Teachable" it means not only can you learn it from someone else and then teach someone else, but you can learn it without a recipe at all! Just put the ingredients on a table and attempt to make it; if successful, you'll learn the recipe through discovery.

Both Iron and Copper Bindings are "Re-Teachable" and thus discoverable. Other metals are "Not Teachable" so you'll have to find the recipe. Some butchery recipes are also discoverable, like Bovine and Chicken Meat. After that, you may have to purchase some, like Bear Meat; on the wiki if you click the "Recipe: Bear Meat" link to the right you'll find a list of vendors that sell that recipe (not counting player vendors or POT merchants).

Hope that helps you get into the crafting side of the game. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.