Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crag Mine ore

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by CrandalltheFoole, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Is there a reason that the ore in the cart at the entrance is 'flashing' yellow?
    It is not interactive, but does attract attention.
    Is this a sign that containers in mines will be lootable later on?

Playing as Skutter Luchnyk in QA

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think that's just meant to be ambient lighting. People used to always complain about how dark the game was in general, and especially down in mines where there is no sun light.

Now you will see glowing mushrooms and other inanimate objects just to provide some sort of lighting. There are also interactive lanterns in most areas as well as crystals that you can mine that give off some light too.

Couple those with the much improved night vision from the moon tree... and the "too dark" complaints have all but disappeared! :D

3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I did notice that some ore is doing that in other zones as well. South Boundless Forest there were some ore nodes glowing green instead of the little sparklies we get off ore to show where it is. Might have something to do with that one mining skill....cant think of what its called. And there was nothing green in the area to cast off green light. As soon as i got near the nodes they went back to normal.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The "sparklies" are gone now, with the new resource node highlight system. I really think that while fine for harvesting, green is simply a bad highlight color for ore.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

agreed. Especially if there are crystals about. Emerald crystals are very bright. So yeah might need a different kind of hue for ore nodes. I still see the sparklies just not all the time. If they do away with that then i hope the 'glow' is equal to the level of the survery skill.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Oh damn, I didn't even think about crystal nodes when I was checking the new highlighting.

As to survey skill, I think the distance at which the glow kicks in is supposed to be based on the survey skill. (Aside from cotton being broken in QA last week and showing at way too far distance.) I never got around to checking it completely, but I think ore node pulsing even does that in R51.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.