Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crash at Log In

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Keyman, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

Rep Rate: At every log in attempt since 5/10/16
    Blocker: Yes, definitely
    Details: At each attempt to log in, after submitting PW and pressing Enter Game, I receive the error "[Altair9000] Networking connection closed by server" and then returned to Login screen
    Steps to reproduce: attempt to log in
    User Specs: Windoze 10, Vaio laptop

ADDITONAL INFO: After the multiple occurences of the above, I made it to "entering ...." screen, loading avatars, etc., and then received this error: "[PELICAN] Network congestion caused a disconnection from the game service."

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

So far, I have contacted my ISP and ensured all ports are fully open to my laptop, and also disabled all protection on my laptop, including the firewall. So in essence, there is no firewall between my laptop and the ISP. I removed and reinstalled the game client, I made sure router firmware was up-to-date and released/renewed the connection, I removed every device except my cellphone and my laptop from using the router. Still, each time I log on, either I'm dropped during the "entering..." procedure, or I finally make it onto the game (I'm outside of Kingsport) at which time the connection icon appears and a few seconds more and I'm booted with an error related to the connection.

3. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

Sunday 5/15/2016... Still get booted right after my toon appears in-game. Congestion cause a disconnection from the game server.

4. Godra

Godra Avatar

You should post the outlog.txt file after it happens. I haven't been able to find one when I am logged in through Steam. I do see it when I use the standard SOTA Launcher. Even though the same issue happens no matter which way I log in. And that is if I am able to log in. I posted mine in the other thread.

5. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

OK, update 5pm Western time zone, 5-15-16, I am finally on, no RED EX from connectivity hell... YAY!! Got to pay my rent! I have no idea what changed, but it worked. It's still seems pretty laggy, even in single online player mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.