Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing like ALOT

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by manufacturedsoul, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

So... Ever since the last few patches especially the one today I've been crashing ALOT. Like every few minutes. It seems to happen mostly when i'm fighting but also when I leave scenes. The game will simply just close right in the middle of whatever i'm doing or bomb out when I try to change scences. On the previous patch I was getting a white dialog box when it happened then i'd click it and the game would close. Now the game just abruptly closes. Been playing for about an hour and a half tonight and it's probably happened at least 15 times. Annoying to say the least. Anyone else having these kinds of issues?

Dariog likes this.
  2. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Same here, plus greatly increased lag and freeze. The screen will often freeze in combat or complex scenes. Sometimes it will come back after a few seconds, but is often followed by crash-to-desktop. This lag/freeze problem was definitely not happening for me previously.

Matt Harris likes this.
  3. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Update on my previous comment: The screen is freezing multiple times in almost every combat. It seems like the longer the freeze lasts, the more likely it is to result in crash-to-desktop.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I can confirm. Last night I crashed in a similar nature about 15 times an hour.

5. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Yep I've experienced the lag as well. Happens a lot when I make quick turns or am in heavy action or item heavy town areas.

6. OwlRaven

OwlRaven Avatar

Same here, the game is crashing at least 10-15 times an hour while I stay in a zone...

AND.....it's crashing every time I change zones...

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  7. OwlRaven

OwlRaven Avatar

Okay, here's what I figured out. Hope this helps. I have been able to play the game for a while with no crashes. I switched to an inside zone (Ardoris Sewers). While inside, the game hasn't crashed...Is the crashing issues due to environmental effects (like rain)? I have also been getting some ghosting or clipping with random colors splashing on the screen...

I dunno...but it is stable in an inside zone in the sewers so far...

8. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I crash so often I cant say what its from and am not playing the game as much because its so frustrating. The game crashing happened in R28 but not as much as R29, I hope its finally resolved soon.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Aye, same problem for me >> crashes (recently in the scene of the sequana colossus) and lag lag lag even in single player online.

10. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

Yep same problem for me. My game client just closes and never even gives me a crash response or popup. Usually the game session only lasts about 10 mins. Has happened in all scenes I have gone to.

Junk

11. Lukhor

Lukhor Avatar

Same here. Can't really play the game anymore since R29
    Sad I am :-(
    1. Title: CTDs... LOTS of them
    2. Reproduction Rate: CTDs seem to happen randomly every few minutes, but they seem to peak in combat.
    3. Blocker?: Definitely YES
    4. Details: I get CTDs and lots of them. The game then crashes without any notification or error window to the desktop. Also it seems that the game starts to stutter and gets really slow (about 10-20fps) just before a CTD. Looks alot like a memory leak problem to me.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Can't really figure out how to reproduce.
    6. User Specs: R29 414, PC running Windows 10 64bit, GTX580 with latest NVIDIA drivers 365.10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.