Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing while changing scenes

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Morphee, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morphee

Morphee Avatar

1. See above

2. Several times

3. Yes

4. While changing scenes (e.g. clink to owls head etc) game crashed several times

5. see 4.

6. Windows 10 64 bits
    - Processor i7-4930k CPU@3.40Hz
    - RAM 32,0 Go
    - NVIDIA geForce GTX 980

Note: At least 2 crash reports available on request

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    AironeHookMaster and Gramps like this.
  2. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I am seeing the same problem occasionally when changing scenes. Most of the crashes occur when I am leaving a scene, often when leaving Owl's Head to Overland map thru exit near moongate.

My machine stats are slightly different. They are: Windows 10 64-bit, i7-5820K, 32Gb memory, Nvidia GTX 970

EDIT: I noticed that whenever I leave my basement after decorating with lighting and crafting that it always seems to crash to desktop. This seems to be repeatable since it has happened 3 times now. If I just enter and then exit the basement without deco or crafting, I have not crashed.

EDIT 2: FYI, Today (5/12 5am) I no longer get the crash to desktop leaving my basement, but instead get a windows error popup saying "Shroud of the Avatar.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  3. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

Same here, sometimes it just casues CTD immediately upon leaving a scene.

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

As I understand it, when the game crashes, the Devs receive a crash report (is this really true?).

I've been holding off reporting crashes since I've been told this.

So far, running under Kubuntu 14.04 has been very stable. The only time I usually see a crash is when I die and get tossed 2000 miles into the sky. "IF" I get back to Novia and find an Ankh, I get, tossed 2000 miles back into the sky.. again :)

BTW, by IF, I mean if it doesn't crash I can just barely reach the Ankh. Flying into the sky as a ghost is just as bad as if I was alive

Restarting under the world map fixes that minor problem ;-)

5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I'm getting this too, tons today. Keeps referring me to a crash report that doesn't exist. No folder or file I can find anywhere.

6. Morphee

Morphee Avatar

You are not getting all the time a crash report and this is certainly not a minor problem as the game becomes simply not playable anymore. The game kicks you out far too often; even while leaving your basement to return to your house.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  7. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I have been switching scenes easily in Hidden Vale without crashing.

Except, I crash to desktop EVERY time I leave Owl's Head. When I log back in, I am just about out of Owl's Head (with the darkness almost all the way in), and manage to leave that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.