Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing

Discussion in 'Release 29 Dev+' started by 2112Starman, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

These game crash's are getting really annoying. They have been around for some time now (in a really bad way) and are getting worse. There is probably nothing else going on in game that is worse then this for a players experience. I've been playing for a while and I have huge pledges in but if I were a basic pledge suffering what I have for the past 2-3 months now, I'd probably bail on the game. Yes, its "alpha" but dealing with this long term is disheartening. Grinding to 100 blunt on Sunday for 8ish hours on and off netted me 100+ crash's. I'm worried that not enough attention is being put into this vs. the amount of time to persistence and/or release (since its getting worse). I'll also add that the constant stunning in game leading to my char turned around looking strait up in the sky constantly (now for a long period of time) is also becoming disheartening that its not en addressed for a long time (and it looks like it may not until R30 patch wise)?

I am a follower of the stand up thread and I would expect to see the fix of this issue more prevalent in the list of things devs are working on from a logical standpoint.

I think the issue at this time warrants pulling some devs off tasks and really looking into it.

Is it possible that there are some major things going on with the game design that may not be fixable, they have pushed to far?

Side note: this is in the Dev++ area so Im being more critical then I would in the general forums for lower pledges (so as to not run people off).

Side note #2: I am familiar with game design. I have been in IT for 25 years an I myself and alone build a massive persistent module in Never Winter Nights that serviced over 200,000 players on 5 different shards back in the day. Which very much like this game was backed by player donations and constantly in beta as I always added content. If I had this issue, it would be my #1 concern and take 100% of my time to fix.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

See people! The Devs *DO* listen:

"Rhys Romero: Sanity testing & Crash testing & Regression & CS"

That's why ya gotta report and speak up about issues.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ahh.... Another night in Sequanna Colossus of endless crashing doing random things like typing in chat, afk waiting for focus or on the middle of battle.

4. aven12croft

aven12croft Avatar

Me too. Game crashes right from the start. I cant play the game anymore.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.