Crazy idea involving COTO's

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sentinel2, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Since the beginning of the game, we've discussed how the BEST items were always player made. But then the Ornates and Artifacts started coming in. Personally I felt this was the opposite of what is advertised. Looking at prices in game, this is the perception by others as well for many items.

Perhaps we can rethink this a bit. Using COTO's as part of a recipe to create at least some of these items.

We still have Ornates and Artifacts, and the good stuff is player made. Plus it keeps Port in business.

And yes, I know about the recent uncommon, common, rare recipe changes to artifacts. I'm hoping to find a better way to weave COTO's into the game and perhaps resolve some perception issues.

Comments? Thoughts? Or just a dumb idea?

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

That's pay-to-win, so no it won't fly.

Artifacts can be enchanted, so it still takes player skill to optimize them and now they are reagents for more powerful items, so I'm satisfied with the system as is.

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Correct. If it effects stats. However, if it's to make an item "ornate" for vanity only it would work.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The only suggestion I have on cotos is that players can sota mail me cotos they don't want/need. I am now out of more suggestions. Sorry.

- Greagoir Pendragon

;)

5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ok so artifacts that's a bad idea. But for Ornates it sounds like it could work.

Oh and @Duke Gréagóir needs more COTO's.

;-)

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Sentinel2

I suggested something like this once, as an optional element to an artifact re-forging process. See my thread on this,
    Artifact re-forging

The simplest path to re-forging an artifact would be with other ingredients, ie
    [​IMG]

But then, I talked about possible other (optional) paths to create artifacts, including smelting CotOs in the Obsidian Forge to create new ancient essences.
    [​IMG]

Sentinel2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.