creating a player owned town?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by ozmods, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozmods

ozmods Avatar

is this possible, to do. I see lots of player owned towns, I would rather create my own that join someone elses.

this is my first post here, so please don't shoot me lol.

do you still need to pay to create your own town or has that been removed.

i'm still getting a grip on the game mechanics so please bare with me on these n00b questions

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The Player Owned Town (POT) sales through the main channel has now expired for episode 1. If you want a POT of your own, you will need to trade/buy from another player who is willing sell you his/her.

Keep in mind that essentially, it's just a map that the owner can place lot markers and decoration on. To actually own a home, you still need a lot deed and a house deed to claim the lot of appropriate size.

3. ozmods

ozmods Avatar

right thanks for the fast reply,

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Ozmods.:)

Time Lord and Luca Xante like this.
  5. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  6. ozmods

ozmods Avatar

Thankyou everyone for the warm welcome, ive been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now, both here and steam, i have only bought this game in maybe the past 2-3 weeks, i wasnt really sure about buying it due to alot of people on steam saying it was bad, but the maybe an hour ive played it doesnt lookas bad as everyone says it is, neverplayed ultima online that others have done, and im still learning how everything works.

Cheers

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. Vero

Vero Avatar

Welcome @ozmods . If you need any help give a yell ;)

8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Indeed, welcome to game!

9. BigCountry

BigCountry Avatar

Nope, great questions. The cheapest way to get into housing is to find a POT Taxed Row Deed. The official store sells them for 85, but players sell them much much cheaper. For example here is a guy selling them for 45, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...illage-row-pot-deeds-and-expired-homes.65768/

Once you have that your set to live in any POT that has row lots available. You can also move from POT to POT, if come to find out you do not like the POT. It's pretty cool. I highly recommend getting a house, it's literally 50% of the game's content probably. :D

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Adding to what others have already said, owning a Player Owned Town (POT) in Shroud of the Avatar is an expensive undertaking. You can find information about what the different sized POTs used to cost (when they were still being sold by Portalarium) here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

From what I have seen, the initial purchase is merely the beginning for many. Town owners ("Governors") who want to create their "dream town" often invest an additional fortune in purchasing non-craftable deco items to make their towns look spectacular.

Players who purchase a POT from another player will have the additional cost of paying for service vouchers if they want Portalarium to make changes in the town (e.g. different location, different template/biome). I think one such support request costs $25, but I may be mistaken.

I personally would never want to spend the time, effort and $$ in acquiring and maintaining a POT, but I am glad that some people do. I love living in the beautiful player-owned-town Rift's End. :)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Welcome to the game. I use the same name in game. Contact me if you ever need help.

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.