1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Critical Chance with Archery

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by the Lacedaemonian, Jul 19, 2020.

?

Does this seem to be working as intended?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2020.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Archers don't need to be more popular, leave it alone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

555 dexterity, 5% base from bow weapon, 7.3% "weapon critical modifier", 14% "weapon critical chance" yet I'm observing 46% critical hits after 2380 attacks on a practice dummy.

Should my character at the very least see 55.5% critical hits after this many samples? What is lowering the observations if 60.5% with the base crit and dex bonus is not observed? Does the practice dummy have such high dexterity that all my assets only equal 46% critical hits? What's going on here.

I should be able to face roll a practice dummy with this much dexterity.

[​IMG]

2. Crowquills

Crowquills Avatar

Your 14% crit chance is only increasing your crit by 4.83%.
    You should have a crit rate of about 39.33% if my calculations are correct.
    This is of course assuming the target has 0 dexterity.

3. Toular

Toular Avatar

My equipment gives me about 25% critical chance. My dex is only 94 and I'm getting about a critical rate of 26% at Ranged Combat of 123.

This is from tonight's silver mining trip through Elysium Mines.

4. Crowquills

Crowquills Avatar

Crit chance is different than the crit on your weapon, and different than critical MODIFIER. Dex gives the equivalent of crit modifier, and your target's dex will reduce this number. How they all tie in is SOTA MATH.

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
  5. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Okay then. I will ask a follow up question: Why are there so many ways to invest in a dexterity build that yield NO BENEFIT?

Can we talk about that? 400 strength, useful. 350 intelligence, useful. 555 dex? Explain the benefit of sacrificing useful stats to maximize one that doesn't matter beyond 200-300?

This dialogue is long overdue. You have Strength and Health. You have Intelligence and Focus. You have Dexterity and... nothing. This is not conducive of a player-driven, free-form build.

The only thing that matters is various allocations of Strength and Intelligence, with varying subsequent allocations of Health and Focus. Since I have been asking the wrong question, "Why can't I bee a dexxer?", I'll try asking, "Why am I forced into strictly melee or strictly magic to be top-tier?"

Please convince me this game is more than long-time backers being pandered to as long as they keep giving money and asking for practically nothing significant in terms of game QUALITY.

Please don't ban me or I will stop buying cotos.

6. Crowquills

Crowquills Avatar

Dex Vs Target's dex is a big deal.
    Dex for Air shield is the only way to achieve god-like status in pve.
    Dex also helps spell crit chance (very minute but tangible).
    Dex helps recovery from knockdowns.
    Dex is the main component in dodging and is second best when compared to +dodge mod.
    Thats all that comes off the top of my heads... the biggest deal is also for air mages, dex will greatly increase the stun chance of air spells and most popular-ly, make air shield a god-like entity.

Joe Zhudarak likes this.