Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crits responsible for the majority of damage

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Burzmali, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

As it says in the title, I am seeing the majority of damage I inflict come from crits, is this the expected behavior?

I play an archer and I don't shy away from opportunities to improve my Crit chance and damage, but it isn't the core of my build. However I'm consistently seeing 60% or higher of my damage output being generated from crits as well as the vast majority of damage inflicted on my character by some monsters.

Given that Chris already effectively removed one set of crit buffs from the game, either this is a bug, or we really should be seeing better than 75% of hits, not even just damage, being crits in some cases.

MrBlight and Spinok like this.
  2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Maximum crit of archer is around 40% in a face. And it is in VERY expensive armor and weapon. For sure in this build you will do most damage from crits. Its just one of three major high end archers builds. Pretty sure as intended.

LoneStranger likes this.
  3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Crit rate isn't as important as crit damage in this case. I'm not focusing on a crit deal, but crit damage is the only reason I can occasionally one-**** yellow mobs and sometimes solo orange or red caster type mobs.

Armor is largely irrelevant to crit rate, even the the best enchantments and masterworking are inferior to modest damage, dex or crit damage bonuses, unless Chris has reversed his changes.

4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

GM Polearms now for what it's worth, it goes a little something like this

4.....miss....miss....miss......7......miss......5........miss......11.....miss..........miss......79.......miss........3.......miss.....

Corp Por, Culann, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Bows can be the same way, my build is designed to optimize attack skill solely to allow me to hit orange and red targets with some regularity.

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

This was my complaint about blades for the livestream - accuracy bugs. This would happen with green mobs in the Twins or Elysium mines.

Maybe a miss once in a while, but two or three in a row is ridiculous. Players should not have to GM glyphs just to fight normally.

zyxe and Bow Vale like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

lol as an archer once i agian i agree with the OP.

Really? Crit armor for an archer is actually the cheapest of any set to make.. But because of the dumb way the math is added for Crit chance, and how its listed as 15% crit chance! ( X your base) .. its decieving. Also makes it pretty much useless unless your base dex is something like 120+.. otherwise the blunt dmg makes more sense.

Is there any crit cap atm by the way ?

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

1) Supple leather 3x3 (ench&master) cannot be cheap. You need exact properties, so it cost good money.
    2) When you have 160/170+ under all buffs it can be used.
    3) 120 train dex 120 armor weak points is a cap i think, higher levels are hard to obtain. Amount of enchants and it power has cap too.

9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

The point is that if raw DPS is your goal, focusing on crit chance instead of damage or crit damage isn't optimal, largely because crit chance is calculated as the product of an intrinsic and extrinsic crit chance while damage is additive.

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Sounds about right.

Cost of suet vs beetles tho... mmm i would prefer maken me so supple for sure

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The non-crits feel like DoT 's that need constant button smashing :p

zyxe likes this.
  12. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

This is because of your low dexterity stat, and maybe fighting yellow level monsters.
    Also if you are wearing "ring of the gambler" it will also reduce your dps and mean more of your damage comes from crits.

GM eagle eye, because there is no other + hit function in the game. Also at around 90 -100 dex you should be able to see a bigger portion of your dps be from normal hits.

But to answer your question, its because Crits CANNOT MISS, so we you roll a crit it over rules their dodge or parry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.