Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crooked Shank quest finally cleared

Discussion in 'Release 73 Feedback' started by Toular, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toular

Toular Avatar

Wandering around Verdantdis, I noticed a sparkly that has never been there before. Hovering over it, it says "Crooked Shank : Tell Erno what you've found" ... or something like that ... Well ... *that's* new, so I go check it out. Turns out, Erno is the wandering merchant that starts the whole Crooked Shank quest line. I'd forgotten about him.

So, I head into the Shank and talk to him. Suddenly, that quest is wrapped up. Yay! Something with this release must have shaken some cobwebs out of the quest engine.

Maybe, that sparkly was there all along an I always just never saw it before, but I doubt it.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think you forgot him, i think he's new. previously you learned there might be something going on from the drunk at the tavern, and he's still there.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m fairly certain this is a new addition.

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

No, I'm pretty sure my quest-starter was a merchant just inside the zone entrance. The drunk is further into the town, by the restaurant. But it has been a while, so my memory may be wrong.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Erno is new, and I'm glad he was able to help you!

Players have always had some confusion about the Crooked Shank shank quest, especially the ending, so Erno is there to give a bit of extra direction at the start and some closure at the end. It's unfortunate that the quest has had some bugs, but Erno is there to also help clean up all the loose ends for players who have lingering bits. And he's also a merchant, which is great for those players who've become "public enemy number one" in the town proper. By your post, seems like he's doing a great job!

Anpu and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.