1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Crown Migration for Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I think we should be mindful of the fact they have a reduced staff. Asking devs to make the coins any different than what is planned is more work taken away from the game.

Careful what you ask for, you might just get it. If we keep these devs running in circles we are not going to move forward.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The request is to leave the coins as they are. How is that "more work"? What is "more work" is to completely change what previously existed into something new.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And if they are going to change things, there have been a number of suggestions of ways to do it in a more player-friendly way. ;) At least for deco folks.

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Why must every change ensue complaining? Every single time. Even positive changes, like this one, have complainers.

AngelTerri, Amelli, Metlore and 6 others like this.
  6. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

With all the stuff needed to do/fix .. it makes in- game life easier, and it improves performance, I'm all for it. Having just gold crowns makes sense. If it Is indeed a
    problem stacking/ displaying them, I like the idea of a gold stack deco instead.

Greyfox, Amelli and Metlore like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You see it as positive, others don't. It doesn't make you right and them wrong, nor does it make them right and you wrong. It means people have this thing called "differences of opinion". Nor does it make it "complaining".

xadoor likes this.
  8. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

@Chris What, sick of nerfing skills? now your moving to our deco? We have asked for gold piles for years and took us years to collect these crowns. Im sure there is another way to simplify the coto issue and not take our deco's away.
    [​IMG]

9. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

enjoy the change, your treasure will take value, all your coins will become gold !!!
    cmon guys, such a minor change in deco....there are better fights....I am a deco addcit as well, have dumped various cotos on my desk in my besement, but come on...changing copper to gold, who would refuse that ;)

10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

btw,

I'm not eating any of these 'deco' crowns but I am here for anyone who needs a hug.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

one of my goals early on was to collect one of each crown purely from drops. it took months. i've been using the extras as repairs, but have those original 8 sitting on my desk. it's an accomplishment. i'd think you be more worried about me displaying one of each book i've found; that's a lot more slots.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They promised new bookshelves that came prestocked with books ages ago. I can say that in many houses my wife has decorated, books on shelves are a good chunk of the item count... Seems like this would be a significantly higher priority if loading items was the real issue.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  13. CICI

CICI Avatar

:D

14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

My guess is that these will eventually return as special currency. Say Meteoric Iron CotOs for special vendors in Episode 2. Its easy, since they are already hooked up; just need to make them useful.

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Chris don't forget the buy orders that may be out there, plan to disappear them somehow.

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well mixed feelings. On the one hand I understand wanting to simply. On the other, I've also longed for a treasure room and appropriate décor as well as the collectables appropriate for such a display. Only reason I haven't been stacking my COTOs to that end is because I just want piles and piles and you can't really do that with COTOs (though the above screenshots do look quite fetching) and I don't have quite the item limits I'd like for the attempt. Single object piles on the other hand..

17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

While Artifice is a prime example, and the only one I'm aware of with a treasure room.. is it not required that you have a specific quest active to enter? I would have to play through that Path with another character just for a screenshot?

19. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can enter Artifice again if you already finished the quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.