Crown Migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Dec 2, 2018.

?

How would youlike Coto to be managed

1. Change them all to gold

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. Stop drops of colored ones from this point on

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. CHange all in a Bnk to gold if out as deco leave them and once banked they change to gold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leave it as is there should not be that much confusion, just change all merchant stuff to gold

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I know there are a few posts about it so no real need to reply just Vote

The reason given by Devs is Decorations - sorry but that does not make sense so many other items load.

Confusion when buying / selling, really not to hard they are all = just remove colors from stores and say Coto?

I do decorate wth them so I wish them to stay.

There are only two problems that could need correcting. but we can get them easily fixed.

xadoor and Fiero Steele like this.
  2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

In my opinion the coloured one can still drop. So everyone, also in the future, can use them for deco and repairing purpose.
    Simple change the price of all Obsidian potions to gold crowns and let the crown merchants buy coloured crowns for gold crowns.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Weins201 like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

added it sorry I should have thought of that one

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

How "remove option to exchange them, and make gold ones non-deco"?

5. dayero

dayero Avatar

Even so the negatives still outweight the marginal usefulness as a decoration. Personally I think coins are the most absurd decoration item possible. No shopkeeper in the real world, now or on medieval times, would constantly leave coins on a counter. It never happened outside of video games.
    real people don't "decorate" with coins. you might as well decorate a cloister with all the nuns having a dildo on their bedside table. /rant + slight exxagaration off

6. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Not trying to marginalize what is important to other players, but the devs are clearly doing this becuase it's the easiest blanket fix that requires the least amount of work. They don't have to make transfer merchants, or make the merchants accept any color coto for a potion, they don't have to worry about mobs loot tables being bugged and maybe still dropping different cotos, they just make all the cotos the same item. Plus they have probably already put some work into making this happen along the way, so backtracking now would be even more work.

Greyfox likes this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

You need a “Don’t care” option. :)

Sentinel2, Jaesun and joeziggy2 like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

what

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

But as you can see this is a Video Game and ALOT of people used them soo the players of this game clearly want them as deco.

10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

That was supposed to be:

How about a poll option for "remove option to exchange them (in the coto store), and make gold ones non-deco"?

sorry for the confusion.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are changing such a small portion of what is used as Deco, and focusing on something that makes up such a small portion is what the players who are concerned are talking about. Look at the picture I put up

[​IMG]

This is a small corner of a counter top in a 4 story building and even on the bar shown here there are 18 (eighteen) Cotos and if you look at the bar in total there are over 200 items, How is focusing on those Cotos any logical point. it is only 9% of just the bar area , 0.6 % if I have 3000 items placed sorry again raw number do not lie there are more pressing deco issues than Cotos.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Look I am not going to get in trouble over this post, mine and most of the players who use them as deco have clearly stated and shown why they should stay as deco. Confusion excuse I have yet to see one sure possible in other formats but this is the forums for the game. Even my poll which is showing change them, I can not accept as there are so many player who do not use them and do no care and will vote against me just to "go against me" it is what it is.

In the end if changed the CORE players who use them as deco will just fell slapped in the face once again, This who don't use them and do not care will just laugh at us like they always do. they will be the ones who jump ship just before the last of us go down with the ship.

Peace on this topic.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    xadoor likes this.
  13. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

So... you agree the ship is sinking? ;)

14. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

This suggestion is less or about the same work. Making the non-gold cotos have no value except to be tradeable for gold cotos on a crown merchant so people can choose to keep them or exchange them is not hard and doesn't keep us from moving forward.

My proposal would be to keep them or trade them on a vendor for Gold Cotos. This would:

A) Reduce their numbers
    B) Make the remaining rare

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Not sinking yet :cool: more a figure of speech. :rolleyes: In the end when time does run down like UO did,:( when that time comes the ones left behind will be the ones who at this time are using Cotos for Decorations. ;) we know who we are and so do the Developers :D

16. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

It doesn't really matter who stays on the ship if it sinks, just keep it from sinking =)

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If the ship is sinking (it was a figure of speech) and there players who are there trying to bail water out while other stand around and do nothing and then there are others who will jump on the nearest life boat as soon as their toes hit the water?

Changing cotos (in my opinion) is similar to just standing around. It is not water flowing over in as there are many more issues that actually fall into "water leaks". Sure it might be a "leak", but so small why is it what is being fixed, My concerns could be considered adding (allowing in) water, but. At least I am not one who is screaming all over and as soon as water hits my toes I will jump out.

The point is (as covered in the other threads about it) that the change actually hurts some (those trying to bail water) does not affect those just standing around (they are not even replying), and those who will jump as soon as toes get wet are actually opposed to those who want the Cotos as deco.

Am I labeling people sure but since it can not seem to be left alone as just vote on your feelings, I am going to categorize some people. You are in whatever category one choses but dragging it out and not actually suggesting a solution does nothing to help the topic, the game or the players.

Again my opinion is they should be left for deco, however you do that GtG. Removing colored Cotos all together is just weak. There are better ways than just converting them all to gold. For whatever reason is going to be used to validating the change, deco issues and confusion just does not seem to make sense.

Please I should not have to reply anymore on this unless you present me with some supported opposition or solution. Just because you do not feel the way I do, just arguing, and or trolling me with small OT comments just does not work for anyone. I gave a few ways to solve it and that was the purpose of the thread and Poll since all the other threads are just a back and forth.

BTW if you actually look at the threads indifference is actually the main feeling (which shows up here as change them to gold as they do not really care), Deco is the most presented reason for keeping them, Confusion is only brought up by Chris. If other places of discussion are where topics are being hashed out they are simply wrong, sorry but these forums are the official game forums and where topics like this should be initiated and addressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.