Crown Store and Web Store Changes in Early 2019

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Chris, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator SOTA Developer

I feel your pain... I had to do 400 upgrades on my dungeon to host an event this weekend. We'll fix that... we shouldn't make it that hard for you guys to give us gold/crowns.

We're definitely considering changes but with the incoming gear leveling we want to give players a way to repair old gear for a long time but just make it super costly. This might move to be a more rapidly escalating gold cost or maybe just make repair kits repair long term durability if the weapon is at full repair and then just make it give less and less each time so you end up consuming a kit per point of repair. Lots of options and repair isn't a big money maker for us, it was always about making sure gear eventually exits the game.

No crowns have ever been duped. There was a bug that only one player found and exploited extensively where you could craft a house and merchants would buy it back for crowns. That dumped around 11,000 crowns in the market but I managed to reclaim all but about 2500. To date, we've have exactly ZERO dupe bugs on items or gold. Closest we've had was a server exception on crafting where you got the crafted item AND got to keep the goods. We caught that within hours though and we guard against that now in multiple ways.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

@Chris - Will the Lot Deed Upgrade option also apply to tax free (pledge) deeds? So if I have a tax free village deed I could upgrade that to a tax free town or city deed?

3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Repair thoughts:

There has been some plans for weapons to get attunement? vs certain monsters by killing several. That kind of weapon seems to be the kind that a player will keep a long time.
    Personally I think if you got a sword of troll slaying it should stop getting durability hits in combat against trolls making it easier to last longer If you use it for it's purpose.

Repairing and Max durability. Make it so max durability only is lost when repairing and depend on repair skill.

• crafting station + repair kit => max durability loss depending on repair skill
    • crafting station + repair kit + 1 coto => less chance of max durability loss
    • crafting station + repair kit + N coto => less chance the more cotos you add but never certain.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This player's exploit was not what caused the price of crowns to go up. Demand caused the price to go up. If anything, the exploit would have caused the price to go down due to increased availability.

5. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Will this put an end to the monthly stretch goals? If so, how confident is the team you can generate a steady monthly revenue stream. Also does this mean that more items will be created for the store to give us more to purchase. As of right now I am sure the dungeon pieces are selling well for those interested in doing that.

StarLord likes this.
  6. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Duped Crowns, may you please elaborate, this is the first I have heard about this please?
    Would that possibly explain why I have received about 100 crowns in the last 2 weeks that won't stack with other crowns except for the pile they came in?
    I was thinking they maybe were from the change over to all gold crowns?

Nevermind, just read Atos post on page 3

Addison likes this.
  7. marthos

marthos Avatar

What do you think of adding a requirement that the crafter's repair skill needs to be higher and higher the more times that it's been repaired (on top of the increasing costs)? The first couple of times anyone can repair it, but by the Xth time you need to find a grandmaster blacksmith to fix that antique sword up. This could give some options as well for crafting specializations, so that the GM Specialized Blacksmith are the only ones who can infinitely repair an item.

Cage Storm and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris
    Will the subscription award 900 COTOs each month?

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sums up very simple why the game is going to continue a downward Spiral. :(

The economy was supposed to be player driven. o_Oand remained in game but we all knew there would be Real money influence b u t . . . . . :oops:

Now it is driven by how much Port can squeeze out of the game (players):eek:

Do not have to read into it was bluntly stated, they are going to make a change to item durability and Repairs to ensure they get the ounce of flesh :rolleyes:

Perhaps when we all said to make sure items do not last forever and that repairs with Essence or Coto,s was a bad idea . .. . :confused:

marthos, Addison and dcyumyum like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That actually sounds pretty valid and reasonable to me. I am aware you do not need my blessing but non the less: good idea @Chris !

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It seems to be picking up from my perspective.

Elwyn and Caernarvon like this.
  12. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Avatar

It should be amazing 1,000, because of best Coto buy rate :)

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  13. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr

Will we continue to have monthly stretch goals/rewards for purchasing items in the store? If so how will that work?

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's working guys. We're finally getting through.

An interesting question here is... Are there some gears that were too powerful / ill advised that you're planning on having NEVER return after final durability death ? Because IF SO... I'd like to know the list of what those items are.

15. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I welcome these changes. Makes absolute sense, let players see and play the game before seeing a cash shop. As new players will not understand that buying weapons and armour with premium currency is not buying power, only looks.

The only risk is ensuring that the user interface experience is good. Hopefully be much better than the web interface.

As this how they expect to make money, by people wanting stuff from the coto shop and therefore buying cotos. A decent amount of time designing, implementing and testing the user experience will be done.

I like the sound of slot filtering etc.

Regards
    Spung

16. Giles Snottingham

Giles Snottingham Avatar

Just a suggestion to increase revenue, could you please allow player vendors to be able to sell items for cotos?
    I think this would help both the players and Portalarium.

Astor Cerberus and K1000 like this.
  17. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I cannot seem to be able to find the UI for upgrading Player Owned Towns with COTOs. Where is this located ?

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I really don't think that is possible yet. It is being discussed per the last livestream. Or did you hear recent news I did not hear

John Markus likes this.
  19. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

What does "This is available NOW!" mean ? It's on first page of this thread.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok I see what you mean. Chris said to CiCi this is available now. Not sure I've seen it in game but I am only the manager of a pot with the governor Lord Baldrith. We are not upgrading Wizards Rest any further now or perhaps ever. Ok perhaps someone else on the thread can comment. @Chris