Crowns of the Obsidians for potions and possibly another feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackdepirate, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

I currently know of 9 Crowns of the Obsidians that have dropped and of those, 3 have been silver, 3 copper, 2 meteoric, and I can't recall what the last one was. There are 8 different crowns for every kind of metal, but only 7 potions to be able to trade those for. Each potion takes a specific crown, but the silver crown has been left out.

I can't find any information on this anywhere, and if anyone has found a use for silver crowns of the obsidians, I'm dying to know what it does or if it's even been implemented along with the rest of the crowns yet.

Edit: I've said everything I can think of saying to the oracle and it gives no clue toward what it could do. My second thought is maybe it has something to do with crafting in the obsidian forge?

Edit #2:
    So in this coming patch (Thursday May 26th) crowns will have a use for repairing gear. You will no longer be able to repair the maximum durability value without crowns, and unless you're using crowns, gear will be able to permanently break from what I can gather. I'm interested to see how those items will play into the "items with history" looting system vs the artifacts system that was around in UO.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

What do they drop from?

Acred, Leelu and agra like this.
  3. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

They seem to be a random rare world drop from higher level monsters but I can't say for sure how high. We've seen them drop from all kinds of different monsters, usually boss like mobs. One crown was also recently found even while skinning.

4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ahh, Thanks. :)

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

According to the Release 27 Instructions,
    So the potions/blessing are the first part, and the trainers and oracle redemption will be in the future. I have a suspicion that they might play in with the Wishing Well and/or town blessings as well.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Oh awesome, thank you. I must've missed that when I was reading through it, I'll give the wishing well a shot today I hadn't thought of it. I'll post updates if it works :)

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'm wondering if there will be potions that are similar in the add-on store later as well.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  8. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Nothing so far on those wishing wells, though I imagine with the patch coming soon there will be something. It mentioned the use of COTOs to save your gear from permanently breaking, as well as many new NPCs being stationed to trade COTOs.

9. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

So far people have tried 1 gold crown on a table with your equipment and it will repair the item giving it max durability on min and max numbers. Not sure if EVERY crown works to repair right now, or if it's just gold crowns that repair. Silver crowns are now traded for potions of conservation, and gold is left out of the potion equation, but you can trade gold crowns for any other crown 1 for 1 at the obsidian alchemist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.