Curious about celestial blessing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackdepirate, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

So I'm curious to know about the skill (celestial blessing). I haven't done much testing with it, but just reading how things work, it seems like it's designed to give a 30% bonus to life magic heals.

Is that how it's intended to work? or is it a debuff you can place on someone that increases their resistance to their own life spells?

If you hover over life attunement it says it increases resistance to negative effects, but those with higher life attunement receieve higher heals from other healers than people without life attunement would receive. To me that says life resistance actually gives better received heals because there are zero life skills that can damage a player, so its like resistance has an adverse effect in life than what it would have in any other tree. I have casted celestial blessing on myself and don't notice a significant difference in heals, so I'm just curious if it is SUPPOSED to work how I think it works, but it doesn't actually work?

Just seems like a 30% bonus to life resistance is literally useless if it doesn't do what I think it does.
    Am I wrong?

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i agree i think it needs tweaking, but if you look at the other skill trees, each school has its own resistance skill, where as Life, lunar and death dont :) i think thats what it was intended for,

Jackdepirate likes this.
  3. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

Ah thank you! That's a missing link I hadn't noticed. Still weird that it would give such a large resistance to life in particular without having any way to use that resistance, unless it's just a bug or unfinished feature. Then I totally get it. Just trying to figure out if it does actually have any use for life or if its just in the tooltip.

4. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Why does this have resistance in life???

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Must have for fighting anything using death magic such as liches and ghosts.

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

The only offensive Life magic I could find is Banish Undead:

[​IMG]

Is Celestial Blessing an area effect? Will it extend to your summoned undead minions?

7. null2

null2 Avatar

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.