Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Current Shop UI is Cluttered. What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by alexmreis, Feb 23, 2014.

?

What kind of shop UI would you prefer?

1. The current UI in R3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. One list, one item per line, like in Ultima Online

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Double clicking items on a shop window/basket, same as interacting with chests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Walking to an item in the counter, double click to buy, like Legend of Zelda

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Something else (post what you'd like to see!)

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexmreis

alexmreis Avatar

Hi all,

Must say I am enjoying the new release quite a bit. The new music is amazing!

Just tried out shopping, and while the basics are alright, it feels just too cluttered and messy.

I'd rather have real, physical items to click on in shop windows that open like containers, with price tags on them to increase the immersion (and yes, I'm the guy asking for a grid inventory). I think all the tabs and UI chrome around what you're buying take away from the experience.

There's no real need for all those tabs, since most vendors only sell on one category or two. I must say I prefer the old UO interface better.

Alternatively, what would be super cool is if the shops were actually houses, you could walk into them, walk to an item being sold on the counter and just double click to buy, kinda like in Legend of Zelda or Candy Box.

2. selbie

selbie Avatar

I don't mind it, but the look of it definitely need to change. I'd personally prefer to see some kind of book style menu with the items listed in a physical ledger.
    Like this but obviously with more legible text...EDIT: and tabs, search bar etc.

[​IMG]

NRaas likes this.
  3. Benny5

Benny5 Avatar

I like vinces Idea, and keep the signature like you have it, change the gump to a more "ultima like" feeling one - modernistic square gumps are ugly and overdone. also a plus and minus system on the right side - not to be an ultima purist but it was very convenient to be able to change your mind about how many items you were purchasing without removing it from your shopping list all together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.