Current state?

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by kimokeo, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimokeo

kimokeo Avatar

Hi folks,
    just curious what the current state is, as far as optimization. So I d/l the visitor free trial of the game to see about purchasing it because it sounds like totally my kind of game. but I have to say taking 10 minutes to load into the game is absurd getting to 50% takes a good minute or 2 then it sits at 50% for what seems like 5 minutes. then hits 52% and sits again for at least 3-5 minutes before jumping into the 90%+ and then loading the game, if it does not first say. Sota is not responding. and then logging out of the game is the same way its crazy. as of writing this my wife rage quit already and she just left the starting area. She just D/l it this morning, and went back to WOW. Our computers are identical and by no means awesome but they do however meet recommended reqs. I really want to purchase and play this but I don't think I can go through this every single time just to get into the game. hopefully someone has some insightful info for me maybe a work around or something, I did read complaints about the same thing and they said live solo works well, unfortunately you cannot play solo on free trial. thanks for listening :)

2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Denial.

Actually they've been focusing on optimization, last few releases but still a good ways to go. Try turning things off in the graphics settings, switch to Fastest if its not already there. And lower your resolution.

3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I have a few computers and the high end ones run fine and my family room one ran fine until r52 where now I am seeing performance issue on novia map but not on the hidden vale map. Not sure what change and I did bug report it but the patch they pushed out before launch seems like it was a big hit to pc's with lower end vid cards.

4. kimokeo

kimokeo Avatar

Thanks Dirk um I believe I'm on fastest and my resolution is however on max I think 1920x1080 I can turn it down some and see if that helps. not sure that will help though just trying to actually log into the game. I actually have a new comp showing up today i7 16gddr4 invidia 1080 so I'm hoping that's it @ Grim

5. Koss

Koss Avatar

SSD For the win! ;)

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

it shouldn't take you that long at all to load into the game. It takes me under 10 seconds to zone (Im a good 3K miles from the servers too) and maybe 30 seconds to log in. Without the specs of your computer I cant help but you should obviously have an SSD and more then 8 gigs of RAM. 10 minutes means you have a major issue with your computer.

7. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

No you're correct, its the scene loading screens youre getting stuck on? 10 minutes is crazy. I think they said they were aiming for average of 15 seconds to load into a scene (and were hitting that for some scenes). You didn't happen to do any QOS network settings to make WOW run better? =)

8. kimokeo

kimokeo Avatar

Seconds? lol I wish logging out is as much of a chore. I don't know. I play all kinds of steam EA games with not much issue but lag . but I'm not talking lag I know I have that its the excessively loooong loading times for anything. I hit esc. exit game, will log out in 20 sec, hit log out now says char will remain for short period of time.. ok log out now....basically have to alt.control,delete to get rid of it, and not sometimes all the time. I get to 50% relatively ok, about like any game that's where the long wait is. 10 minutes mike be a slight exaggeration but I hit start game, went in the kitchen got frozen hotdogs out, open them grabbed a plate, put 2 in the microwave, nuked em, grabbed other things, came back into the office and was at 52% from 50% I'm betting all of 5 minutes providing it doesn't crash or say not responding, that has only happened a small amount of times. and sorry not computer savvy not sure what SSD is
    \

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I think we pay in load times for having the ability to build such awesome structures and use our creativity. Like right now I am added probably to the load time of our town by making a shelf with little bags on it. I know that doesn't make anyone feel better about load times or help to address this but I am having fun creating in this game most days. Most games do not have to load even half of what this game loads but still hopefully improvements will continue to make those load times better.

10. kimokeo

kimokeo Avatar

@starman wow maybe it is my comp. your loading and log in would be sweet, and I checked I only have 6g ram. I don't know game looked a lot like EQ2 as far as graphic quality so I assumed not much issue but I maybe wrong we will see this evening when my new comp shows up I could play that game all day with zero issues ever

11. Sarvadi

Sarvadi Avatar

This was the reason I stopped playing the game the first time. I came back thinking this would be fixed but alas, it wasn't. Yes, a good 45 seconds to a minute to load the screen. Now this would not be an issue if it only happened when first going into game but I believe it happens for every new scene/zone. Also my GPU fans are spinning to beat the band. I have a decent gaming rig and none of my other games cause this type of fan behavior. Normally I'm able to turn on Vertical Sync in game and this will take care of the fan issue but there is no setting. I did set it via my Nvidia settings but it made no difference.

By the way, I tried playing the game Offline to see if things got better but alas, Visitors are not able to play Offline.

12. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

Loading up the very first time when logging in can take half a minute to load. After that most scenes should load in 5 to 15 seconds.

This game had long zoning times but they've been drastically reduced over the last 6 months.

There must be an issue happening in your case, because that is no where near typical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.