Customizing character appearance

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by BodyCount, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BodyCount

BodyCount Avatar

I see and hear a lot of people wanting to be able to change their appearance. you have a great system already set up just needs a slight adjustment... The items / Costumes that you can buy in the store for real money should also come with a 1 time use to transform a piece of armor to be that costume you purchase.

Example I am currently wearing Epic cloth armor and and some chain armor. If i was able to purchase say the new Samurai costume and make the costume chest piece be my chain mail chest piece and the gloves of the costume to have the stats of the gloves I am currently wearing. This would be awesome and allow customization of characters. Unicorn helmets with the stats of my current cloth helm.

This would also create more reason to for players who wouldn't normally purchase items to potentially purchase add on type items to create a look they want.

**NOTE** this would be a one time use for that purchased piece so you couldn't make it your current chest then craft another piece of armor and turn it into the new armor 1 and done deal. you want to do it again go purchase another item at the store.

2. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I agree that characters need more customization. I can partly agree with the cash shop idea. However if I buy an item for the cash shop I don't think a one and done system would work to well. The reason I say this is when armor is concerned repair or removing the armor (skin) could be embraced better. As in you take the cash shop item and you are now able to place it on an item of similar type (cloth/plate/ect) now the item becomes * and it's behavior changes. Ex after the item is changes it can no longer be sold, traded, or possibly loss in pvp. (Pvp would require some extra good if it is flagged that would normally be loss or something) If the item is reduced to zero you may need to use a large amount of mats to remove the skin from the item.

I am just not a fan of losing cash items ingame. Just my very rough idea of how it could be employed.

1. I would also like to add the need of more gear ingame. Most people look the same, besides dye colors need more armor type.
    2. Weapons too I have had the same looking gear for over half a year. It's not to bad given the current state of the game but still feel it's pass time for some new polearms and swords.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Equipment "molding" is part of the plan, so hopefully that will be something on the line with our expectations.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

more customization +1
    our world seems populated only by Assasin Creeds fans and completely armoured knights...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.