Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cutlass of the Swashbuckler has damage of a 2 handed sword

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Filter Bubble Algorithm, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

9-27
    Is this normal?
    Also it has insane parry, 18-54, more than a 2h... more than all...

is this a bug? Seems a bit OP to have that blade be stronger than 2 handed weapons especially with that +25% to sneak attack....

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This isn't really that phenomenal. Parry rate for swords is simply 2x the damage range so that fits (daggers is 3x). The damage range itself is I think actually less than what a meteroic iron sword would give, maybe the same. So in essence this is a meteric iron longsword or shortsword with a 25% sneak attack modifier. If anything it's on the weak side considering all the BS associated with using artifacts now.

Ferohir likes this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

For those who have not delved a lot into (or gotten many) artifacts, can you give an example or two of "all the BS associated with using artifacts now?"

Trihugger likes this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

So you can't repair artifacts in a normal way now. You have to actually salvage artifacts to repair other artifacts (COTO's still function like normal). Combined with the terribly quick destruction rate of melee weapons (If you can't afford to use auto attack then whatever the weapon is, it isn't worth using over one you can auto attack), this makes for a very expensive "novelty" item rather than a worthwhile artifact is my humble opinion. Sneak attack's usage is too situational and 25% extra damage on the mobs I can typically use it on doesn't *help* enough to justify the added tribulations of using it vs easily repaired similar damage crafted weapons.

Nikko likes this.
  5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I hear ya. Thanks for the explanation there, @Trihugger *thumbs up*

I agree... If I see something that is VERY temporary or difficult to repair, and it is listed for tens of thousands (or more), I am not ever going to bother. No way. Not worth it.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Except for the Crossbow of Accuracy. It's special ability is that you can charge normal attacks to 6.

Trihugger likes this.
  7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Right. I was only talking about melee weapons as far as auto's go.

8. Thief

Thief Avatar

If it is that powerful why nobody is using it? I purchased 15 of them (had myself 3-4) tried to pimp it up and guess what blew 14 of them.
    It is too expensive to use (repair cost),
    That is the only ninja weapon in the game, make it weak and you return back to r30. There will be titans no way to kill.
    Not enchant friendly,
    No smart person will use it with shield, (will lose way too many stats).

9. Thief

Thief Avatar

oh forgot to mention that the second hand sword is for decoration! 120 offhand tends to hit lower than 2hand autoattack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.