Daggers Feedback

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Oba Evesor, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I know daggers are being worked on a bit So take this with a grain of salt (not salti-ness :))

Metal increase fizzle, totally cool with that, and the more metal the higher fizzle. So far we're cool.

Fizzle with dual-wield daggers is 30%, Fizzle with a two-handed sword is 4%. **(on a skill not in my V stats, fizzle changes on the skill itself)

Anyway to incorporate the fact that I have so much less metal in my daggers (even w/2) than in the sword into the metrics?

**edited for clarification.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Kai PoT, Ataniiq, Xi_ and 12 others like this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

probably should put this in R25 feedback, but its been an issue for a while.
    Move it ya need to. :)

Ataniiq and Leelu like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

I think it's the act of dual-wielding that makes it harder to cast, not necessarily "what" you're wielding.

Oba Evesor and EMPstrike like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Daggers need to be looked at.. when I got that Memories dagger from the Quest in Owl's Nest I thought the crit rate of 30% it had could make it a viable off-hand weapon.. nope! Any sword is better in my left hand.

I would like to see daggers become a little more useful. A dual wielder for example should have some advantage using a longsword and a dagger.. A rogue type should be able to do a lot of damage with the crit value somehow or when backstabbing.. just some ideas.

Sara Dreygon and Oba Evesor like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

And i think the hands are tied up (and should have the same fizzle) whether wielding dual or two-handed.. if wielding a single handed weapon and your other hand is free, that should be less fizzle.. which would give your single wielded dagger, or sword or mace less fizzle, and more fair to the other styles of held weapons.
    How are bows treated?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Not sure the exact diff for bows but there is a huge diff in fizzle between a metal shield and a wood shield.

@Kvow Triumvir or @Varrus Caius any input? You two are archers.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It used to be that the wooden shield had no fizzle... I miss that version :) I believe I posted a thread about it, and I think Darkstarr (or someone) mentioned they'd suggest a 'mage shield' to the team, but that the wooden shield should have fizzle.. how much different is the wooden and metal shield's fizzle?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Does the attack speed of the weapon influence how fast glyphs are drawn? If so, it's not obvious enough. If not, that could be something to look at as my biggest complaint with daggers is that they don't seem faster than using a regular sword.

What's appealing to me as a dagger user is that they weight a lot less than "more practical" weapons. I'm not exactly expecting high DPS while using them, but I'd like more utilitarian purposes for using daggers.

I'd be one thing if daggers were a lot cheaper to repair, but the repair kits are at a fixed price; regardless of what you're repairing.

Since they're small blades, maybe they could counter other people's chance to parry?

"If I wanted damage, I'd go with a two-handed axe or something. No; I chose a dagger because I'm smarter than that." - that's the fantasy I want my character to live. I just need the game to support that fantasy.

Doom Angel, Ancev, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I've not spent a lot of time looking at casting proper spells while shooting bow. Most of my casting has been done dual wielding wands.

I can take a look!

Oba Evesor likes this.
  10. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Nope, just the attack speed of your basic auto attack. Use Chaotic Feedback to speed up glyph draw speed, cast time, and dmg. It costs YOU 5 health every time a glyph drops tho (whether by use or just falling away), so careful with it. :)

Leelu likes this.
  11. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Not sure, and I've given away all my mats (too close to wipe, c'mon persistent world), so I cant even craft a couple to see. o_O

Leelu likes this.
  12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Ill make you some wooden daggers. Problem solved!

Oba Evesor likes this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Why can't we craft a sharpened stick?? :)

Oba Evesor likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Don't get me started on wands!!! I wanna be able to stab people with my wand

Oba Evesor and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

We should see different weapon speeds as base stats of weapon classes. Daggers = quick. Swords = normal. Claymores = slowish, etc.

16. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I would prefer this to the current system of it lowering my STR! If I use a 2-handed sword there is a STR bonus associated to it. Daggers are a low strength bonus and Bludgeon has a the highest (swords, two-handed fall in-between).

My STR should be my STR, no matter what (except for that lame Sun Innate that I'm never taking again:mad:), but attack speed should vary (other than the attack speed bonus's applied to the wep itself of course)!

Just my 2cents :)

17. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

This...completely agree with this. And to caveat off of that, Crit rate of the weapon as well. As an example: last night made a Shortsword (Bronze blade / meteor hilt) for the extra 10% and .1 to attack....crit rate is 11% where the regular crafted longsword I had was at 13%. Now yes, this is minimal, but I personally feel that a shortsword is a little closer to a dagger than a long sword, with the dagger obviously having the higher crit chance. Although, I was using the wiki/google/whatever I could find to find the best non-dagger crit rate, and shortsword was it....or so I thought. Back to point, I highly think the smaller the weapon the faster it should be.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  18. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I used daggers for a release it was horrible damage .. The accuracy needs to be unchallenged to any other weapon to start not just the high crit rate ... if they don't want high snipper like damage they should give them sick bleed abilities that might stack ... they should also allow

you to hold your own against plate due to the higher accuracies and low weight as blade placement between parts of the armor should be a real factor..

19. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Agreed! I have a Crit'd Long Sword (R23 :D) and a crit'd dagger both melee dmg and attack speed. Crit strike rate for 2handed is 5%, for Dagger its 20%.
    I don't have a Long Sword or a Short Sword but IMO they should fall in-between w/the short sword being a bit higher. I actually thought this was in already. (Looks backwards, might wanna bug that)

Agreed and BOTH hands should be attacking. Off-hand attack is a great skill, but when I do a Double our a Quad slash I'd love to see a better animation than the one for a single handed wep. That's all stuff probably in the works.:)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  20. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Still is. I'm GM'd in Weak Points and Vital Points and daggers still aren't worth it now. Again this is in the works. Daggers from behind are going to do a ton more dmg...hopefully!;)

Sara Dreygon and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.