Damage Resistance / Avoidance / Deflection?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Chris a long time back you posted the raw math formula that was used to determine how these worked.

If was something that if avoidance was higher or resistance was higher by % so much damage was either avoided / resisted.

So can we see that again.

Also just a simple def -;

Damage Resisted = damage not take as your skills / armor resisted the damage
    Damage Avoided - Damage Avoided from your skills / armor
    Delfection = ??

Definitions would be nice and the raw math formula, I can once again create simple calculator to figure out how it works and input damage taken - to give what it should look like.

Vinico and FrostII like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'd like to see those numbers as well....
    Why not post this in Chris's blog thread, where it's easier for him to run across it ? ;)
    He probably get's no less than 30 @'s a day.......

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Chris goes through alot of this stuff on his tech talks with Violation. If you have never watched any then here is a breakdown of the combat math changes that happened in R50 for example that you might find enlightening.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I don't want / hate videos for technical information. Write it down so I don't have to spend 2 hours find that one piece of info I want. :)

Xandra7, Weins201, Bink and 1 other person like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am not going to watch a video about something that could and should be posted for players - especially since it has been asked for more than once and from the beginning.

Core game information should be avail up front and in Ports information not something one has to sift thru menuschia to filter out what would only take a simple posting of the formula.

Side not if the developers spent 1/2 the time they spend on videos, in chats, etc, the game would be 25% more completed and balanced.

Simply post the info and back to fixing all the minor issues that have been out there for over a year.

Sruirrel killing, targeted healing, movable player health bars, . . . . so many small things to be tweaked and even some major ones - Tamer Skill tree, loot tables . . . .

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Xandra7 likes this.
  6. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

You don't even have to watch 10 minutes of the video - and Elnoth even skipped ahead to the juicy parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.