Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Damaged by Healing Touch followed by max health bug

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by lildoc, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lildoc

lildoc Avatar

While farming in Serpent's Spine Foothills in between fights just walking down the path and cast healing touch as I'm working on raising that skill. Currently at Level 61 Healing Touch and Level 51 Life Power. I cast healing touch while at near full health and notice a red 91 pop above my head. I check the combat log and sure enough. 'Doc takes 91 points of damage from Healing Touch.'
    After this i try and heal myself to top back off, or replicate the bug (whichever you know) and the heal does nothing. My health shows 90 points below max (I had Shield of Crystal, Inner Strength and Strength of Earth active) as those buffs wear off my max health drops as does my current health, maintaining a current health pool 90 less than my current max. I have experienced the situation where my health is not at max but will not regen or allow me to heal it up to max but never caught what caused it. Once that happens it seems to take a relog or changing of zones to get my health to display normally.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Reported long ago and many times recently.

It's not actually damaging you, but it is part of the max health display bug. It's only a bug on your client's display, not your actual HP. While you are bugged, have someone else observe your HP.

The best part is... while you are not actually wounded, death magics do behave as though you are missing that much HP and are thus empowered :p

3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Both of these issues have been reported numerous times over several releases, but have not yet been assigned a bug ID that I can tell. If you can help with solid reproduction for these bugs, it would be appreciated. The issue with healing spells was last submitted to the team on 1/10/17 and the issue with the hp displaying incorrectly to players after using buffs was last submitted on 1/17/17. Thank you, @lildoc, for the report :D

4. lildoc

lildoc Avatar

The only thing I can think to add at this point is that I was discussing the health display bug with another player and he mentioned he had not encountered that issue. Thru our discussion the only definitive thing I determined that I was doing differently was using Healing Touch where he primarily uses Healing Ray and never Healing Touch. Not sure if that the smoking gun or not, but perhaps its tied to healing touch specifically and not all healing spells.

5. lildoc

lildoc Avatar

Ok, so I just browsed thru my combat logs and found a couple things. First there seems to be no relation to whether you are in or out of combat. The bug occurs in both cases. It also seems very inconsistent with how frequently it occurs. Lastly, I found evidence of this occurring when one player heals another with healing grace, so not tied to healing touch only. FYI, searching combat logs for 'damage from healing' finds the log entries handily since all healing spells start with the word healing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.