Dark/Light Unicorn stuff: How's it work?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm being told by a person with a black Shroud that the Black Unicorn Daggers are also giving negative traits, just like they are for me with a white Shroud.

But his Shroud is 1 negative, 2 positive (still black though, so only one Virtue has to be negative to be black?) So do you need 2 negative virtues? 3 for the Dagger to be helpful?

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think the unicorn horns go off your courage virtue, and the shroud color is done from points in negative and positive, so if you have -8000 courage and +3000 truth and love, you will still be black from the -2000 points in total. Now, i think i have about 8000+ courage and my white unicorn horn weapon is 9.9 and 10 but you only need +1000 on the shroud to get the +5 str, but the horns I think need a lot more. Sara and I were talking about it. I wish there was a decent way to decrease courage like there is to increase it by killing cabalists.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks, that makes sense.

How about when you cause a creature to leash? You're running away, right @Lord British ?

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Killing fauns will lower courage, but its really slow and its hard to find a spot with a lot of fauns.

Net likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok thanks. I like the idea of causing them to leash, it is truly the way to see if someone is running away. I know we all use it in a tight spot, and in that moment of weakness, aren't we lowering our courage?

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Plus, if you've ever completed sieges, I think those are huge boosts to courage.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes killing cabalists is why my courage is soo high, and I dont want it high I want it low to get the move rate on my shroud instead of str.

Net likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Unless it was changed at some point, I don't think that courage is the only virtue that can affect sylvan weapon stats. Iirc, when they were first added, I was able to increase the crit stat on a light sylvan dagger some by running around telling NPCs my name.

Mac2 and Vaiden Luro like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah but killing Satyrs will improve your courage so it is rather tricky to target only Fauns and keep Satyrs alone.
    Yeah, that is why I rarely use Shroud, I like my move rate thank you very much. Not about to genocide fauns just for the stats, I just keep Shroud off most of the time.

Mac2 likes this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its definitely possible, like I said I think its courage, but all I had to go off of was the difference between sara and me to try and figure it out. If we can get some more people to chime in and say what they have for virtues and what they are getting for stats on stuff, I am sure we can figure it out.

On my alts I try and kill only the fauns and leave the satyrs alone.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And you've managed to go black doing that?

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL dont know yet, got the shroud have not put it on, but most likely I will be white cuz of my truth and love.

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think there are some huge imbalances that need to be addressed. And issues where its somewhat easy to move a virtue in one direction and then extremely hard and grindy to get it back the other direction! These seem like easy fixes and they should be addressed asap.

Mac2 likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it's largely intentional.

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Or they didn't think of ways to drop courage.... like constantly running away from mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.