Dark Stone Spiked Castle Wall (digital) + house placement(townlot)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Edward Newgate, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I'm a Duke but as there are no available Keep lots in game I tried placing these on a City lot and found the same issue with big gaps in between the walls as it did not line up correctly. I'm also really disappointed that Portalarium replaced our existing keep walls that came with our pledge with these as I find them to be a real downgrade with the use of ladders and the loss of the stairs. I'm no historian but it doesn't seem very practical to use ladders to gain access to the keep's fortifications and I find they have ruined the visual appeal of the walls. Despite upgrading to this pledge level specifically for the keep walls, I now find myself torn to whether I'll even use them as what was once a structure of power is now turned into something I would expect to see in Minecraft. Finally I don't like how these items are placed on the lot turning them into jigsaw puzzle pieces, personally I'd like to have seen an option to either enable them or disable them as an option.

Edit: And yes I know this is about the dark stone walls, however the Duke's walls are the same thing except white and without spikes.
    Edit: Please note I've emailed Portalarium about this directly.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Love it I think it looks great. The walls add another area to do things. Hell we had a concert with like 8 people on one of the circular areas on the top LOL!

3. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

With some creative construction I was able to erect towers on all four corners.
    The Knights house is located in Rift's end on top of the hill.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where's Rift's end?

[edit] Never mind, I found it. It's too bad about the ladders. If they weren't there then you could actually walk around the keep.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

It would be nice if there was a castle to match the walls for free or a cheap add ons

6. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I feel its a downgrade also in all honesty, I used to like being able to click the switch at the gate and miss the noise it made, not too keen on the ladders also as I feel it spoils the look of the walls when inside, the steps were much nicer looking. Maybe wishful thinking but an option to enable the old walls as a complete placement would be nice.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's my attempt. I used three towers (one in the center of the back).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They should give us the option to remove ladders. At lease on the straight pieces.

[edit] Here's a couple top-down views. I think it came out pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Spoon likes this.
  8. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Has anyone tried mixing the castle walls with the 110 piece wall set? Example: Castle gate and 2 towers with the blocks?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I attempted to create castle style walls using the blocks. It was looking pretty good (other than looking like it was made out of volcanic glass) but it was so difficult stacking some of the blocks that I eventually gave up.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Numa likes this.
  10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I would think that on smaller lots like that the blocks individually would add up to the item count per lot in comparison to the wall set. Although I would love to make broken sections of the wall with the blocks.

11. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I guess I should complete my thought on this. I wonder if mixing the two would help with the cramped look on a Town lot (just a wee bit more space between the Knight Marshal Keep and the walls).

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.