Darkstarr Moondial missing lighting effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alrick, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

Why doesnt the Darkstarr moondial glow like the new ornate ones? it really should. the ornate moondials should not surpass another moondial that you had to spend quite a bit of money to get. The Darkstarr Moondial was originally advertised as a somewhat exclusive item, and now in my opinion it is worse than the crafted moondial. wth portalarium.

Aimend, Weins201 and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

its exclusivity has not changed.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

also, the Darkstarr Moondial has already underwent changes since it was first offered... who knows, it might just undergo another change...

4. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Since it is the DARKstarr moondial I suggest using it temporarily turns day to night for the user

Spoon likes this.
  5. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

The Darkstarr Moondial is an in-game, home and yard decoration that will track the heavens both day and night! A very useful invention when planning strategies in-game, as this device lets you explore the mists of Revelations and Prophesy, unveiling astronomical events and revealing bits of lore to astute adventurers. The Darkstarr Moondial is included as a reward at the Citizen level pledge.

Our concept artist, Stephen Daniele (aka caravaggiosWolf on the forums), started a thread in the Community Announcements area of the Forums, tracking the work-in-progress of the moondial. It is a popular thread, already at 6 pages long and growing!

Remember these exclusive Darkstarr rewards are only available for a limited time. The Darkstarr Moondial is included in the Citizen Pledge Tier, only available to Backers who pledge any amount by July 31, 2013. It is also available in the new Add-On Store until July 31, 2013.

This was pulled from when we originally learned about the Darkstarr moondial. It really gave me a feeling that this would be a one of a kind item. because darkstarr liked yard decorations and lb liked mechanical stuff. so if you wanted a moondial you had to either buy the add on store one then or pledge at the citizen level. now they have wayyyyyyyyy cooler moondials with lighting effects that are considerably cheaper by comparison. i just feel a bit cheated thats all

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It is a one of a kind item.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

;)
    If you feel cheated then check out its value on the player market.

You can easily trade it for a bunch of the ornate ones from the store.
    :p

8. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

Not what I meant. That this item would be the only moondial, the astrolab was the closest thing.

9. Alrick

Alrick Avatar

The value doesn't change that is not nearly as cool.

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then you made a poor assumption, even in the face of evidence that would point to it being a poor assumption.

Just one example, and there are many others:
    • The original Greenhouse was a Stretch Goal reward for Adjustable placement.
    • There are now several other greenhouses available in the Add-On Store and Craftable in game...
    The item you (and I) received is unique and that item will not be offered to any others. You cannot be assured, and would likely be wise to Not assume that similar item will not be made available in the future.

Even Cooler items:
    • The Founder and Royal Founder Plate Armors are Unique.
    • I happen to believe they are butt-ugly (Lower body)
    • There are many 'cooler looking' plate armors in the game.
    I was promised Unique items... Many of them... Clothing, buildings, weapons, tools... To date they all still remain Unique.

Alley Oop and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.