Data for Blade Specialization?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Greythane, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greythane

Greythane Avatar

I'm looking for hard data on Blade specialization. For instance Coup de Grace health limit changes with specialization so I'm looking for some hard numbers to tell me how it changes. And any help on the impact to the rest of the blade tree would be helpful

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Tiina Onir and Nelzie like this.
  2. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I completely agree. I would LOVE it to no end if we have the ability to mouse over the skill in the menu of skills, hit Control and see what Specialization and or other elements add to the individual skill. Almost exactly like we have with Armor and Weapons where we can do that and see where each bonus is derived from.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  3. Greythane

Greythane Avatar

Found in @Chris developer blog. He talks about development of Specialization
    • Coup De Grace, increases the size of the bonus damage window, at 80 skill it will affect it at 30% health instead of 20%.

4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I believe he backed that out a bit, not sure to what however.... Or if it did stay at 30% - either way the tooltip should tell you....

5. Greythane

Greythane Avatar

I guess that's the point of my original post. The tooltip does not tell you, but it really should. I don't think any of the tooltips tell you exactly what impact specialization has, but only generally 'raises' or 'adjusts'. I'm looking for hard numbers.

I'm still reading through his blog so maybe buried somewhere in it is where he my have 'backed off' this number. Still, not sure I should have to search for this information.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Vero

Vero Avatar

I believe Chris toned down the max crit dmg on Coup des Grace a bit. not the 30% health thingy ;) (cus a high STR build with 6stack of Coup 'could' hit to damn hard')

:

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

We would all like to see "hard numbers" and data for all kinds of skills. Unfortunately, Chris prefers to be vague instead of exact numbers so we don't "game the system" and try to min/max.

I agree with you though. I would love to see more specific data provided in tooltips like an actual damage range for an attack or +xxx.xx % damage reduction for a defensive skill, etc. Bonus would be if the tooltip info compensated for other active skills/buffs and adjustments for stats on weapons and armor too.

8. Greythane

Greythane Avatar

@Vero FYI. Just finished reading the rest of Chris blog and don't see anywhere that he cut back the crit level. Not that it didn't happen, just nothing called out specifically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.