1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

'Dawn of New Britannia' Community Trailer Contest!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

Well, it is the challenge for sure. I agree with others that more time would be better, especially since not everyone will be able to place their house yet. And to be honest, the housing system is the thing that is the best about Shroud of the Avatar as far as I can tell. It is also time of summer holidays and not everyone can play on their vacation.

Also, it seems that you want the trailer to be at least 1920x1080, there are two issues with this. There are no tools for players to "recorder the gameplay" and render it later. Soem games allow it and it allows to produce high quality videos. Even change the camera and all, it would be great feature enabling players to make a lot of cool videos, not just trailers.

Oh and quick question. Are we supposed to use Release 32 content only, or can we use older videos from previous releases?

2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Do you want that the videos show the Version on the top left. So viewers know if it was R32 footage?

smack, Time Lord and Net like this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Who's to say we won't have a second video contest focused specifically on housing :)...

Doesn't matter on the content, as long as it looks good, feels fresh, and is applicable to the current game (isn't showing something obviously not in the game at all anymore, etc.)

smack, Net and Time Lord like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Berek - There were a few questions from page one that seem to have gone unanswered.. they may have been easily missed so going to help out and resubmit them here:

I would like to add to this great question from Bubonic -- If only one submission is allowed (so only one chance). Are we locked to that one submission? Or can it be updated and changed ... "submit something.. realize you missed a key element... resubmit it to have first one deleted" or.. are we locked? "Once submitted... hold your breath?"

Net and Time Lord like this.
  5. Berek

Target audience: Primarily new players, showing them the appeal of the game and interest in joining the community. A "if I see this, I want to get this game" trailer :).

You are only allowed one submission, so make it a good one! :)

You can make changes as you see fit up to the deadline. Please remove previous versions though once the contest deadline appears.

Time Lord, Amber Raine and Net like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know if I'll be able to participate, both because of the time window and because my game lags at that resolution...

But something I mentioned in the R32 Feedback thread regarding screenshots is that F9, which hides the UI, currently doesn't hide the red combat reticle. I'm sure that people who want to capture video for the contest would be helped a lot of that were fixed. It would give them a lot more flexibility for combat footage.

7. Net

Net Avatar

Can you please clarify on this? Is toasting emote in a tavern okay? Smoking a pipe? Are drunk and puke emotes bad?
    And what will be considered disturbing? Some of the dungeons, especially with necromancers and zombies are quite disturbing in a way. Or that Ardoris blacksmith doing bellydance is disturbing sight.

Berek, KuBaTRiZeS and Time Lord like this.
  8. Ember

Ember Avatar

While I agree 100% with this and am personally very frustrated that the reticle system limits the amount of "good" footage we can record of ourselves fighting mobs, this doesn't mean we can't get an adventuring party together and just be the "camera man"! :) Calling all combat actors! :D

9. Berek

Yes, all those are fine because they intentionally were put in the game and are part of the game atmosphere.

10. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Ardoris blacksmith belly dancer where ? Uhhh is he big and hairy..? Just the kind of man we like. Where is this beast of a man hiding.?

11. Berek

A quick reminder that you can set the transparency of the reticle! This should help in producing a better video with it in place.

Mazirian and Time Lord like this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the transparency of the red target reticles though. :/

13. Berek

Quick update. We're going to see if we can fix the F9 command not disabling the combat targeting reticle as well. As a secondary possibility, we're also going to see if we can separate out the reticle transparency, so that you can keep the UI and remove the reticle like you can with the main reticle.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Please do not tie it to the main reticle. I have the main reticle completely invisible but I use the target reticle to see who I'm shooting.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Berek

The reticles get their own transparency setting, so we shouldn't be tieing it to anything more than what's already there. When you hit F9, it removes the UI, and so should the reticles.

Are you saying that you wish to have no UI and still keep the combat reticle in place? If that's the case, we're looking at a similar transparency setting as the regular reticle, so it will still give you both options.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just don't want the reticle that identifies my target to be tied to the same transparency control that is used for the main reticle. In other words, when I set the main reticle to be completely transparent, I still want to see the reticle on my target.

Net, Ember and Time Lord like this.
  17. Berek

It won't be. Currently in the upcoming patch F9 will remove the reticles as well as it should, but the transparency slider will be independent.

18. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

@Berek another question. Does the in game footage we show have to be raw, or are we allowed to plus it up with post processing effects like glow, etc?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Berek

Post processing is fine, feel free to spruce it up if you like to add style to the trailer. That's part of the fun of making a unique video! :)

Bubonic and Time Lord like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

From the 460 patch notes:
    This is precisely what I did not want to happen. :(

So disappointed....

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.