Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dead and stuck forever

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I'm stuck dead in the middle of Vertas Pass, between two gates I can't open (because you can't open gates when you're dead), and I have no way of releasing to the void so I can be alive again. I've been dead for a very long time (which is great when you're floating around madly looking for an ankh), but because of the gates and because of no option to release, I'm stuck doing nothing.

Should we be able to go through gates as a ghost?

2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I think there is a path to the side with a long drop but it will get you to the lower entrance. Coming in from the higher side it's to the left.

3. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

No.

To exit, either logout and login in Novia (there is an option); or call a friend to join you in a party (so you both are in the same instance) and, when he enters the area, you will see the door opens.

stratigos likes this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

You're both misunderstanding - I was stuck inside the gates, on the control point. It's a tiny area with no ankh.

Krohon likes this.
  5. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Sure, the same happens to me too.

6. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

I think if you are dead long enough without visiting an ankh, you will auto res where you are, but with a res debuf. I agree there should always be a way to an ankh, but if there is a bug here and you can't make it to one, you will at least come back to life eventually, even without the ankh.

FrostII and stratigos like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I agree... ghosts should be able to pass through. I've been stuck between there many a time and have to exit out if a guildie doesn't see my predicament and open the gate for me.

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

If you eventually come back to life with a severe debuff (which you will) the chances of opening the gate may be slim to none, depending on your level. When they remove the option to exit to the menu and start on world map, the screams will be so loud that the devs will be forced to fix this particular case. What they won't fix is the dozens of similar situations that only occur rarely, scattered like land mines throughout Novia and the Hidden Vale.

There is a reason the start on world map feature was added in the first place. Maybe they could let you use it if you log off and return an hour or more later. In the meantime we could play 7 days to die, which is perhaps less punishing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. agra

agra Avatar

According to the developers in the latest hangout, the "Login to Novia" option is going to be removed from the game, prior to July 28th, 2016.
    Personally, given the possibility of these types of situations (and many more) I think the removal of that feature is going to be met with a strong negative reaction.
    However, I suspect the real reason for the removal is to enforce death (and thereby the increasingly misnamed 'decay' mechanic) if a player finds themselves in a tough spot.
    As a result, players will be very hesitant to explore and/or adventure prior to vastly out-leveling the location, resulting in stale content and more grind.
    Or put another way, I suspect this will play out the exact same way every other punitive mechanic has played out in many fantasy themed persistent multiplayer online games in the past 20 years. ;)

niteowl57, Lord Baldrith and Womby like this.
  10. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Unlikely, since the "decay" will be only affecting high level characters. I.e. low level chars won't risk much and will be ideal for exploring.

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This does need a solution.. there are many scenes I've found myself stuck at in this manner, and the "Login to World Map" button is needed until the Dev's handle EVERY missing ankh or map section. I don't think ghosts should be able to move past gates, as the physical body of your avatar is carrying potentially hundreds of pounds of products... how did that make it through the gate?

The problem is that the ankh placement needs to be properly looked at, methodically in EACH AND EVERY scene. These kind of things should have been cleared up many releases ago. IMHO.

12. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

While this seems like a negative and unexpected quirk in the game mechanic, I do think its important to not be able to log back into the novia map in some zones, and why the passes should not be traversable by just dying and rezzing on the other side of a gate.

For one, it doesnt encourage players to band together and raid the gates to keep them open. Im in brightbone right now, and wish there was a group of adventurers here brave enough to bash the gates down with me!

Miracle Dragon and Krohon like this.
  13. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

When you res at an ankh you get full mana and health. An ankh inside Vertas Pass gates would lead to res farming the control point. No party wipes, it'd just be a race for xp.

As it is you need player heals and res's in Vertas Pass to control the point, which is how I think it should be.

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

That is a great point Oba, I forget the CP is meant to be played in and controlled, not just ran through like most of us are doing...

15. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Indeed, but I don´t think they will place an Ankh in the control point, it would likely lead to abuse.

16. Womby

Womby Avatar

OP should report his situation as a bug in the bug forums, as it is a fault in the game that needs some kind of resolution.

SmokerKGB and Fister Magee like this.
  17. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

I just had this happen in Britbone pass.

Krohon likes this.
  18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'd love to see statistical data about how often a CP is effectively claimed vs how often it's just a rush to the other side because the CP is only an hurdle thrown our way.

niteowl57, Quenton and Fister Magee like this.
  19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

and will probably continue to do so forhowever long the game persists, excepting the few times a small group of folks go "hey, lets go raid the gate!" so it works like the devs want it to, but only for those few hours and then its back to ignoring the zone by way of just running through it.

20. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

No auto release? I died yesterday and just waited and auto released back to the beam in point for my scene.

I agree that ghosts should be able to pass through obstacles, but I can see that also being a potential means of exploiting the control points too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.