Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dear Dev's: The UI color scheme, fonts, and graphics badly needs polish

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by chipset35, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipset35

chipset35 Avatar

I am trying to be fair and honest, but the UI for this game has to be one of the ugliest.
    Using the main screen as an example; what's with the bland color choices of flat blue, green, and white?
    Also the fonts are horrible.
    It does not look like a AAA MMORPG or even something you would associate with Lord British.
    I do enjoy the game somewhat, but please...get someone with good color coordination and design skills to polish all that up.
    Using World of Warcraft as an example: despite the fact I do not like that game, the menu's and UI, as well as almost everything from the website to the UI, help pages, basically everything is the minimum standard you should use as a guide.

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

From participating in alpha/beta programs for other games, UI polish seems to be one of the last things to happen. Hopefully soon :)

3. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

This concern is stated in the Pre-Wipe Schedule:

So that should be done before July 28.

Mata likes this.
  4. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

As others already stated, UI polish will be addressed shortly. And good, because it bugs me too. But I must say that the UI in SotA in its pre-alpha state is better than the UI in the released version of the last MMO I got excited (mistakenly) about -- ESO; ESO's UI was bad by design in my opinion.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

TIL SotA is an AAA MMORPG.

The more you know...

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

yeah, like, fix the combat first. the graphics, and the UI can be overhauled any time after the game is running, even in a couple years. We have to get basic systems functioning first.

I do like the sharpness of the graphics. The new scenes are a step in the right direction and larger than I remember. There are obviously some bad parts, like the Isle of Storm's tar water with no blended edges... which is the first thing you see in the game, and the models and the meshes (sigh) but.. .

if I can't even get proper non-bugged hit-detection.. .hopefully it's better again soon

I do feel like there is more than enough size/area now tho for a while...

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

It can't be an AAA because Portalarium is a small company. AAA means the biggest studios and budgets, right ? It's not. Which is fine.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sarcasm is lost on the internet.

Elwyn and Katrina Bekers like this.
  9. Eollica

Eollica Avatar

We could also really use an increase in hot bar slots and a decrease in its size/square sizes.

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah I didn't see that your post was sarcastic Katrina. Sorry :)

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

Given everything they have to do in the pre-wipe schedule, I'd be surprised if nothing got delayed or pushed out even further. Especially more so given their prior history of 26 Release notes and what was planned vs. delivered. It can't be said with enough emphasis and is the understatement of the year: they have a ton of work to do to get to pre-wipe. Even if they can manage to squeeze in one pass at the UI, will it be of production quality or will they only manage to get to parts of it...

Katrina Bekers and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.