Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

death by falling troll

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Xi_, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'm ok with a troll falling on me and doing damage even killing me, but over 600 damage is ridiculous and leads me to avoid risking my xp for what piddly amount of xp and loot trolls drop. 600+ damage = to much.

2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Some of us are starting to have the same mentality with dragons and phoenixes after doing them last few weeks. Reward greatly less than Time put in. Only reason we run them at this point is to help friends who want to get the phoenix quest done and even then deaths turn many players away from doing so again.

3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I would imagine this will change once loot tables are properly implemented... until then there are a lot of creatures in the game that are hard to justify the time and risk to kill. Unfortunately, until loot is put in place, its also hard to judge if the damage or the risk should be tweaked or not.

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Yep, and sorry for the lack of meaningful rewards. The person who largely does that loot creation has been swamped crafting work. He'll get caught up soon and I expect we'll start spreading that work out a bit as well.

Elwyn, nonaware, Nadomir and 4 others like this.
  5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I died by falling troll too. But I find it funny that there is a little risk. While I know he could kill me when he falls on me, I have adapted my tactics as I always finish him on max range.

6. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

I didn't even know that you could take damage and even die from a dying creatures falling on you. I love it!

zyxe, Barugon and Lord Ravnos like this.
  7. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I like the concept that a 10 ton troll falling on you would be an immediate death. But, would be nice if we had just a little chance to roll out of the way or avoid the fall. Seems like the falling troll dmg is just an area affect around the troll instead of where it lands.

8. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

In some roleplayinggames that would be called "splash-damage" :D

9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

All i had and another guildie we died and someone had to explain it was falling damage since the falling animation never happened :) Bit of comedy :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.