1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Death Ray = Siphon Life

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Roxefeller, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Hello fellow Avatars and Devs alike!
    @Elgarion

I know this one might be a stretch .. but I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this skill could use a makeover. I feel like Death Ray is a little lackluster in terms of its animation and name. Sure, I understand that its name is a very literal definition of the current animation.

Siphon Life, animation would be that of a red & black orb/glob that is taken from the target and travels to and splashes on the caster(think red & black Chaos Bolt in reverse).
    If that's too much .. I would even consider just removing the "ray" from the animation and essentially have the animation be a long-range Death Touch.

I feel that these changes are a good way to give a much needed makeover to a rather clunky spell animation.

As always, thank you for taking the time to look over and consider my suggestion.
    Roxferatu

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

...and the sound. Death sounds are mostly horrible. I can't describe the Death Ray sound, but when you use it in your main build it really is just unbearable after a session of playing - and, no, smart Alec's in waiting, turning off the sound should NOT be an option. Additionally, the Death Touch sound is a jarring <DONG!>. Sounds in general need a makeover.

Roxefeller and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.