1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Needs More Info] Death shield not healing back on criticals

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Xee, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

09/282022 12:17
    Title: Death shield is not giving back health from critical attacks recieved or not calculating correctly
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: It was brought to my attention from testing in PVP with Estroma and deltalok
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    User Specs:
    NA

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Xee, those discord links aren't great outside of discord. copy in the actual messages, please?

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

updated

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Xee are you still noticing this behavior?

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ok did more testing. those numbers above were not mine but I saw similar. What I did find is that it is healing but its not right after. so the attack happens then there could be like 5 hits between before I see the heal for some. so think there is a delay before the heal back which makes it hard to line up the dmg. not 100% sure though its the same. the above is also showing pvp not dmg from mobs. so one would think it would be easier to see. still needs further testing

Echondas and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ok upon further testing, for pvp I think the issue is that because there is a delay on the heal back in some cases the death mage does not get healed before the attacks from other player between so the delay caused a premature death.

7. Reilnkur

Reilnkur Avatar

ok update. was doing some pvp with vesper and a bunch, noticed it again. there are hits not getting the heals that or they are not showing up.

[​IMG]

8. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

working as intended.
    Death shield heals physical damage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

If you look above there is missing heals if you look blow by blow. none for that disabled shot that hit me, none for the death ray that hit him. so there is missing heals happening both ways. still trying to figure out I may have to look at larger outputs and pair them line by line. Could be that its either not happening , or perhaps air shield is on and not reporting a responce back to indicate the hit was absorbed, or there is a delay sometimes which results in not a one to one but more like delayed heal backs that happen later for some reason. those are the possible things that I see.

auto attacks always registers heals even in my tests. its other skills and or maybe the faster fights that there are issues going on.

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  11. Echondas

I just tested this as a duel - all attacks done to me healed me for the indicated amount on my active Death Shield glyph (a few a little more). This included crits with both a melee weapon and a bow.

Maybe I need to be in legit PVP mode for this to happen? I'll try some more testing.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Echondas

I tested on QA and the 1st hit of a PVP attack does not get any heal from Death Shield. After that, everything seemed normal.
    repro: player A and player B are both in Brave Coast. Player B attacks Player A from behind with a bow - only damage is shown in the Chat Box, no heal from Death Shield - to both players.

I'm going to make a separate QA bug in the odd chance this is unique to it.1

Anpu likes this.
  13. Echondas

Nevermind, DC pointed out this is intended since the heal comes before the damage is subtracted... still can't figure out a repro for this bug report :confused:

14. Echondas

Based on feedback, I tested in PVP mode on QA and Aimed Shot, Piercing Shot, and Rapid Fire -- all of them returned the correct amount of health. Like Jack mentioned earlier, magic did not return any health, ex: flame arrow.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Ok here is another, see that last two hits there. something is not right. I am missing the heal back and was dead well still attacking below.

[​IMG]

16. Echondas

Thinking this is perhaps a network sync thing happening and not an issue with Death Shield? Maybe @DavidDC can dig a little and see what turns up?

17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

could be, once in a while I have seen where things pause for a sec or two than all the numbers happen really fast, like packet traffic stuck for a sec than over flow haha.

Echondas likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

if so, you might try with and without scenemaster status and see if that makes a difference

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  19. Alley Oop

reminder, @Xee