Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Decay has indeed been removed

Discussion in 'Release 59 QA Feedback' started by Barugon, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Best idea I've heard yet with what to replace it with....you think once is nuff or like once per 25 levels?

ruins the game!!

game is BORING!!

cracking me up....

2. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

So many people left the game over the death penalty, we need people to play in order for the game to do well. Myself like many of you, came up playing EQ etc but when EQ came out it was UO or EQ now there are what...100 mmo's on the market? The vast majority don't have steep penalties for death. It's a new age and we should all want the game to do well. Let's all just focus on making taming better and enjoying the game. :)

Witcheypoo, Gorthyn and Chatele like this.
  3. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Sometimes reading forums is like telling a fishing story about how big of a fish you caught and each time you tell it the fish gets bigger. The one death 4 million xp loss, means a person is super high level and I am sure they are bringing in mass amounts of XP that the 4 million is not a huge lose. The damage to equipment is another one. I have both passive skills that reduce damage to weapons and armor. I have yet to use a CotA on any gear to replace max damage that is with 3000+ hours in game.

Maybe we just need to give everyone max level on all skills and call it a day.

Gorthyn, Elwyn and disorder like this.
  4. disorder

disorder Avatar

I am one of the apparently great minority of people that enjoy a challenge in games. I loved the Dark Souls series, they are my favorite games of all time, Diablo 3 Hardcore mode, EQ back in the day... list goes on... I guess some might call me a masochist, you probably get the point.

I have been eagerly waiting for new harder content in the game to challenge me once again, I have been logging in less and less lately, but with this change I am honestly much less enthused about the future, maybe it is just a mindset thing, time will tell...

For me it's one of the nails in the coffin, unless they actually do plan to replace it with some kind of death mechanic that makes sense.

This is just my personal opinion, I understand that I am part of a minority group. The majority of you have got what you wanted, I am happy for you. The game just might not be for me anymore... and thats OK.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Elnoth, Jaesun, Brewton and 3 others like this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I am 100% with you.

PS: Dark Souls series are awesome. I still play a them when I need a good challenge :)

Brewton, disorder and liz_the_wiz like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I for one like death decay gone.... happy to see it go, was one of the main complaints I have heard from new players. The second complaint was "the world felt dead, no players" . Both have been taken care of, and all I see are some people complaining about it... All I can say is " Damned if you do, damned if you don't" ..

Witcheypoo and xadoor like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This doesn't seem to be much of a valid summary of either issue.

In the decay case, the argument I see is that there should be *some* sort of penalty for dying, whether or not that's decay. As I noted, even WoW imposes a penalty for dying.

In the multiplayer mode case, I saw overall agreement that the concept was good, but the implementation simply needed a few tweaks to address some concerns.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

As decay isnt gone on live, it will not fix player numbers overnight, and even initially some longer term players may leave first.. so, dont count those chickens yet

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

If decay has indeed been removed, this is yet another sad step in the casualization/WoW'ization of a great game that had a great design philosophy behind it. Pretty sad to see SotA trying to be WoW, something it clearly is not and was not ever meant to be.

liz_the_wiz and disorder like this.
  10. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Don't forget..they are going to replace it with SOMETHING!! It will be different, but it will be something!!
    Not sure why they don't just keep it in until there is a happy new something, but it's not my place to question.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They removed it due to negative perception.

Jaesun and Chatele like this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Even WoW has a death penalty. ;)

Elwyn and liz_the_wiz like this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

They said they will replace it with something else, so lets wait and see what that something else is.....

Jaesun, Barugon and Mishikal like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed. :)

Chatele likes this.
  15. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

With so many more des to play this game numbers will be hard to tell. Many people on my friends list play in party mode so the world will seem empty a lot of the time. A lot of gamers I know that are 35 or younger will just don't find any risk or reward in this game.

Dhanas likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you happen to see the other change where you are automatically put into open mode while on the overworld or in town?

17. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I did not see that but if that is coming in it is a good change.

Barugon likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's on QA right now.

19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

To be fair I know lots of people said this would be good for the community for a while. I do think seeing people in communal places will help people gauge how many are online when you run past brittany and maybe instead of cos you're in party mode only seeing your party you run past some other people.. But it still feels time to change from the pretence there are 3 mods of open, party and private - when private always was the same as party, so lets just have normal and "instanced" and drop the pretend... Ive never fogotten how annoyed I was when it was called solo mode, I changed and the guys I was in a party with could still see me, I expected to be in a different instance after all solo means solo right? (private and party always showing you the same seems just pointless)

Barugon and Mishikal like this.
  20. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

So who has the most amount of accumulated xp at this point? I've been having some fun at tenebris harbor but when I think of how far behind I am in the xp race I have tough time finding the desire to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.