1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Decay on Items

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Cairo Hayden, May 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I already know I'm going to get a lot of bad feedback from many players, even my own guildmates but I'm not here to make people happy, I'm here to suggest ideas to help stimulate the game and stimulate the economy in this case.

I know I've heard from developer @Chris in previous streams that the vision for this game is to have a player driven/stimulated economy system. For this, some items have been removed from NPC vendors so players who are farmers actually play a more useful role such as growing fruits, etc. Personally I think this was a great idea because it causes a player to have to seek out another player and/or vendor if they wish to purchase these items and do not wish to make them.

@Chris , @Elgarion , perhaps you have considered adding a decay feature into the game on certain perishable items. This could range from food, flowers, anything that we can think of in real life that has an expiration day. Now, to limit it from being overdone perhaps give food a 1 or 2 month shelf life and flowers a 1 or 2 month shelf life. This will prevent players from over accumulating these foods but will also keep players engaged in crafting food only as needed for themselves and/or other players who are in need. Not only does it have the potential to stimulate the economy but it also adds value to skills such as cooking, agriculture and other relevant skills.

I'm not a developer and I'm sure people can think of why this is not a great idea and I'm sure some may agree this sounds like a neat idea but if decay became an in-game feature perhaps we could trial it on 1 or 2 specific items and see how good or bad this may be without actually breaking the economy.

Anyways, this is food for thought. I hope if it hasn't been considered at least it will give some ideas to add even more value to crafting skills and perhaps give people more professions to pursue if they choose where it can be a true profession versus a one time and done thing.

Elgarion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.