Decisions decisions! Neck piece...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xkhan, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

So I looted "Necklace of Cautious Precision" last night and my first thought was 'woot!'.
    I checked it out and it says "+20 dexterity, -1.5 movement" so my 2nd thought was 'YES!".
    Now its more like "ugh" because I don't know which piece to 'roll' with!

I had put up my Necklace of Civility (+5 adventure level) because I felt (no reason/proof) that I was getting less experience from guys as they weren't 'as difficult'. I had been toying with idea of putting it back on as it seems like killing was easier.

Been using a +10 necklace of necromancy basically for the attunement.

Since I (currently) am ranged it makes sense to move to the Dex necklace....really torn. thoughts? :)

Nelzie likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

something you have to work out with your play style, where / what you hunt, what skills oyu use . . . each and every piece you mentioned has its merits all boils down to personal use / benefit.

I do not have necro but I do use a water necklace for my boosts there I gave up on the dex bonus as I got more from my water necklace :)

3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have the Necklace of Cautious Precision but I only use it when I am not doing a lot of moving which I do a lot as ranged. The slow effect kills me. I typically just run around with a +5 dex necklace that I have. I can still get over 150 dex without the Cautious Precision.

Sara Dreygon and Nelzie like this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I looted and tried out that necklace last night, myself.

Benefit: I crit, crit, crit and crit.

Negative: -1.5 Movement is WAY more than the tiny Percentage base bonus to movement that I have built up. It not only negates all of that, but it feels like I'm moving even slower than base movement rate.

I'm AL 69 and my Dex scoots up from 52 to 72 with this artifact equipped.

5. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Potion of Wolf speed increases movement rate +1.5, it effectively negates the downside of that piece of equipment. Perhaps a option for you? It lasts 10 minutes and you can put it on your non combat bar so you don't need to use slots in your combat deck for it.

Solazur likes this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Unless the recipe for that is readily available, I'd have to spend a good amount of coin for those potions. I've looted... a few, but I haven't found any recipes for those, just yet.

I'm not flowing high with the gold... Maybe if I start selling some Artifacts though... LOL (I really only have few of them and the other one I used until it is nearly broken...)

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

PVE I usually go with either a sorcery warding necklace with +5 str, +3 dex so I get murdered by mobs less. Against monkeys I go Cautious.

In PVP I always go Warlock.

Between Cautious and Civility I'd go Civility.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

That recipe should be borderline free since it drops pretty regularly off any high level mages. Easy mats too, just takes a wolf head and some other easy stuff.

9. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'd do Civility over Cautious. Adventure level is huge. There is no downside, you do not receive less experience points from mobs after raising your A-level. That movement speed debuff is horribly annoying unless you're somewhere you don't actually need to move.

10. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I have a spare recipe for you if want to have one. If you give me your in-game name i will mail it to you.

Nelzie likes this.
  12. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Necklace of Cautious Precision

It's nice on boss fights where as an archer you don't have to move alot. You can simply keep on turreting or as melee where the mobs will come to you no matter what.

13. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Crys Stone is my character.

Thanks a bunch!

Athanil likes this.
  14. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Actually.. IIRC, there IS a slight downside to the civility necklace.. death penalty. It's been quite a while since I used one (I'm currently abstaining from using arti's with the occasional exception of an OX belt if my party has too much loot to pack out) but I'm pretty sure the penalty for death has a correlation to your adv lvl.

Edit: before the changes Chris made to polearms.. I'd use the cautious neckie so I'd hit more

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Decay is based on how much experience you have put into skills. Your adventurer level has nothing to do with it.

Trihugger and Nelzie like this.
  16. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This is correct. Hence why there is no penalty for having a huge pool of experience.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

actually, that recipe is teachable. if you meet up with someone no one has to give up their hard copy.

18. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Aye.. I stand corrected. I think you're right about the current math. I'm not sure the current model is always how it's been applied. I could swear I used to get dinged more if I had like a Civil neckie on. lol who knows..so many weird things..like fireflies working in reverse...

and then... sometimes I just get **** wrong ;p

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.