Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Deck swaps + linked weapons

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by redfish, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think I might have mentioned this in a past release, but it can be particularly annoying to use deck swapping to change weapons because of the quirky behavior.

If you have two of the same weapon, where one is perfect durability and the other is broken, often the game will equip the broken weapon, leaving you defenseless. So, in that case, every time you do a deck swap, you have to open inventory and juggle your weapons around. Otherwise, you have to drop your second weapon somewhere -- though that's not necessarily a good solution if you carry a second weapon just as a backup.

The same behavior is true if you have two of the same named weapon but with different enhancements. So if you have two of the same type of dagger, but one with a fire enhancement, the game will often equip the one without the fire enhancement.

In all, I feel there's been very little polish or attention to dual-deck use, maybe because the devs aren't practicing much with dual-decks and there's not much discussion about it on the forums.

Spoon and Duke Raas like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Deck swapping is the devil and breaks immersion!

4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the ability to swap decks should not be linked to weapons or equipment, there should be a way to sheath one weapon and draw anoither howver.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It would be a bit cool if it was the other way around than it is now.

That if I draw my bow I get my Bow Deck, but if I then in mid-fight draw my sword then I get my Sword Deck.

Also if I draw my mead-mug I get my Social Deck.

Curt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.